Logo or no Logo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 15th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Logo or no Logo

I have a wedding coming up the end of this month. It is an outside wedding, nothing extravagant. I usually wear a black shirt with a collar and black pants. What are your feelings for a black polo shirt with a small company logo on the left chest area? The shirt (black silk like, Under Armor type) is our everyday wear. I have never worn it at a wedding.

Thanks for the info
Art
Art White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Logo or no Logo

When we first started up we had polo's with logos. We switched away from that because we didn't like the feel that we were advertising during the bride's wedding. I don't think it's a big deal if the logo is kept small, but it just depends on your clientele and the image you want to portray. For us now, we prefer without the logo.
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #3
Major Player

We too used the polo with small logo on it for wedding work. Never had any issues with doing it.

It's an easy way for people to identify you and your company.

Yes, it's advertising to a degree, but at a wedding that's the place where you want people to know who you are, if you're trying to get more bookings!
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Major Player

Personally I dress as if it was a royal wedding. I wear a very nice suit (but wear comfortable shoes).
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #5
Trustee

Wearing a logo can work for you, but it can also work against you if you do something wrong that attracts attention. For example, if the guests get annoyed by too much movement, bright distracting lights, or too many videographers hovering too close to the action, they may remember you as the company NOT to hire.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Major Player

Makes it tricky to score the odd beer at reception also...
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks,
It is a small logo over the left chest area that you can't see unless you are up close. For just about everything else we shoot we wear Black Polo's and Black pants. Weddings, we always wear Black collar shirts with Black dress pants. One time even Billy Idol attire, by request of course for a Theme wedding. Just a thought. We may go with it as a first to gauge the results.

Thanks!
Art
Art White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques