PluralEyes - WOW! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: PluralEyes - WOW!

I am just running the trial version after reading this thread. For syncing up multi-cameras it is GREAT, but for some reason I'm having problems getting the audio from my Zoom to sync up, no matter what it is.

I used it recently for interviews and worked fine...but now for things like the reception and ceremony, it's just not working! could the clips be too long? any suggestions are very appreciated.
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #17
Major Player

Katie, I really don't have an answer for you but I doubt it is the length of the clips causing the issue. We capture HDV footage on a 64 bit sys to 64 bit Vegas Pro 10 and so have clips that are sometimes 20 or 30 minutes long and I don't believe Plural Eyes has had any problem with them.

Could you test that by breaking the clips up into smaller ones and trying PluralEyes on those clips?

One thing you do have to look out for is if your audio feed was continuous but the camera or cameras were turned on and off during the same period. That would make it impossible to keep synced beyond each single video clip and you would have to sync those clips one at a time.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #18
Major Player

D.J. Thanks for your response...I got them to sync finally. There was one long audio feed clips, and several smaller camera clips, whichis how a lot of our footage is, so I don't see why that would be a prolbem.

I don't know what the problem was in the end, but I was using the "Try Really Hard" option. I just decided to try it without anything selected, and boom, it worked...so not sure what caused it to work, but whatever it is, I'm glad it did!
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques