Closing credits on a wedding video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Closing credits on a wedding video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Langerak View Post
First off, I don't put the couples name or date at the beginning of the video. It's cheesy and my opinion it's already outdated, even on a highlight film. I also think that script text is a huge no no. Don't do it. Use a simple Ariel text if need be.

Now for ending credits, I agree with most that it can be a big pain, but I do offer it for my Feature Film option because it's fitting. If the client goes with my Documentary Edit then no.
I suppose it's all in the customers minds eye or maybe the person shooting and or editing it but trust me when I say, opening names and dates and closing credits of the bridal party aren't cheesy around here. Now flying or spinning hearts ( from the old Amiga days) those could definately fall in the cheese catagory.
I don't do a single wedding edit without the names and date. It just depends on how you do it.
Cheese is in the eye of the beholder.
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #17
Trustee

We do put closing credits on 90% of our videos, but the client needs to supply the credits electronically so we can copy/paste. Too many hours spent double and triple checking 250 names was a lesson learned the hard way!
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Creighton View Post
I am curious as to how you all handle closing credits, or if you even use them. ...
I always place a credits roll at the end of the video. Many clients are pleasantly surprised when I inform them the credits roll is a feature of the entire video.

I am accustomed to seeing a credits roll at the end of a feature film (even a short), and while I don't feel my wedding videos should be compared to film work, a credits roll is a place for the names of all of the people who participated. I have yet to have a client who doesn't appreciate a credits roll.

All of my clients must fill out a questionnaire designed to tell me everything I need to know about the wedding event. It is the basis of my shot lists. In it is a page reserved for the credits roll. Anyone or any thing the B&G wants in a credits roll has to be placed on this page, and spelled correctly or purposefully spelled incorrectly (as in an inside joke). If a client were to call me for a change the content of the credits roll page determines whether or not the correction is billable. In almost 12 years I've only had two change requests: the deletion of the name of a horse, and the deletion of every member of the groom's family. Don't ask why. I don't know why, and I don't want to know why. It is already too weird.

Both requests, based upon questionnaire information, paid for re-edits without question.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques