Follow up call - Wedding expo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 27th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #1
Tourist

Follow up call - Wedding expo

Hello all!

Just had my first wedding expo and I have to say...it seemed to go pretty well. Got a few people who were very interested.

My question is, how long do you normally wait after an event to contact the brides/grooms?
Shane Stefanchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Follow up call - Wedding expo

Hi Shane

I would have said "You haven't got back to them yet???" My buddy did a local expo and emailed and phoned 20 leads he had a week later and ended up with no sales at all.

I think you might have to realise that some of these "interested" people are going to be a waste of time so don't spend hours trying to convince them!! Did you have any brides that said "Come and see me after the show" ??

I also think I would have chatted to the interested ones and make at least a provisional date to see them after the show...unfortunately they are unlikely to come to you, you will need to get hold of them...a quick call saying "Can i come and talk to both of you this week???" would be wise..while they still remember you!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Major Player

We email them the next day.

The longer you wait, the more emails they get, and the quicker they'll forget about you.
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Major Player

Go ahead and send them an email and make sure to at least ask them to like your facebook page or add you as a friend. Send them the link too....make it as easy as possible for them. The other suggestions are good and should be working those as well. But make sure give them as many options as possible to stay in touch.

A few weeks ago I went to a local political gathering here. During the gathering they were looking for people to make calls. The political parties know people are not thrilled about getting all these calls during election time. BUT, what came out in the meeting was this party has done some research and found out people respond but it takes upwards of 5 contacts before they get off their butts and do something.

So put together you contact program and start looking into how you are going to stay in touch long enough to see if you get the results too.
Chip Thome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques