Sweet 16 Videography Job - Recommendations ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 7th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sweet 16 Videography Job - Recommendations ?

Hello,

I've contracted an event videography gig for a sweet 16 this June. I've spoken to the mother and daughter and they are looking for a nice, professional video, nothing crazy.

Where as weddings are structured events, what may I expect from this, I've watched many sweet 16's on youtube, but I would like to hear any of your professional advice in regards to the schedule of the day, the girls 'grand' entrance...ect. I do not want to be boring and stand around and film teens dancing for 4 hours.

Thank you,
Stefan Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sweet 16 Videography Job - Recommendations ?

Hi Stefan

Although I have only done a couple of family 16th birthdays (too busy with weddings) I would still treat it a lot like a wedding and the main concept being preserving memories....so run with a bit of prep of the young lady and an entrance of course. Unless the party is having formal speeches, I would take Mom amd Pop and Gransparents to one side and do little interviews with them about their daughter/grand daughter....something she might appreciate in years to come....similar ones with her best friends would also be good!!! Selective video of the dancing and really not too much of it either!! If she has a boyfriend then get them together and also maybe convince Dad to do a "father/daughter" dance??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Good advice. Shoot stuff that she might not see or did see and would like to remember like friends talking and having fun, people wishing her well (sort of like a video yearbook), candid moments with her, etc. GL
Kawika Ohumukini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Major Player

I shoot a lot of 18th Birthdays, I usually shoot the prep and treat it like a wedding. It is less formal to do than weddings and being 16 or 18, they are much more open into ideas. They love the funny shots with friends. I agree convince them to do a father/daughter dance, some interviews with friends, etc.

Here is one I did last January for an 18th Birthday.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques