Advertise with Weddingwire? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 10th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Advertise with Weddingwire?

Currently I'm thinking about upgrading to the $112.50 a month plan at Weddingwire. I've heard positive and negative things but in my area, Seatte, there's only 6 pages of videographers.
Note Suwanchote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Advertise with Weddingwire?

I just went there and punched in my zip code for Green Bay, WI a much smaller market than SeaTac is. We have 5 pages here but when I look at the locations, some are as far away as 200 miles. Many are in the 100+ mile range.......so look at where those 6 pages of videographers are from first. If you want to compare this market to yours, our zip code is 54301.
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #3
Regular Crew

1 vendor out of the 6 pages are from WA
and it seems that a significant amount are withint my limits also
but the ones that are going to the Seattle Wedding Show (as am I) are not upgraded
this could be a sign perhaps?
Note Suwanchote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Major Player

Note, paying for advertising doesn't bring in more money. You have to make your WeddingWire profile appealing, you have to get your past clients to write reviews and your price has to match your quality. I have a friend who did Wedding Wire, Yelp and a few other bridal sites with very little success and his prices were very low for his product. He was lazy and didn't have every single client write a review.

I don't pay for Yelp but I get 90% of my business from it cause I know how to use it to my advantage, so if you do the three things I mentioned then it's worth it.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I'm in the process of getting reviews and such together. And I plan on make this cohesive through all the review sites I would advertise with.

Thank you very much for your insight :)
Note Suwanchote is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques