Include a BluRay player with the wedding package? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 27th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Include a BluRay player with the wedding package?

Maybe its just the market here in Washington, but ALL my clients request it on Bluray. My packages automatically come with both, that way they can keep the hi def version for themselves, and then mail the dvd versions to mom/dad, gram/gramps who probably dont even know what bluray is!
Kelly Huffaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #17
Regular Crew

for those doing usb stick...i'm thinking about trying this...

a couple of questions?

what format to deliver? guessing h.264
what size of usb you use? 8gb, 16gb? more or less?
how long is the movie? 30min, 45min, 1hr?
i guess you include the highlight too, right?
do you format the usb pen drive? FAT32 only accepts max 4gb, right?

thank you.
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #18
Trustee

By the way, I'm sure you guys are aware, but there seem to be a lot of companies that make custom-designed USB drives. A quick Google search for "wedding USB stick" led me to:

-- http://blog.davidrobinfilms.com/2011...-are-numbered/
-- 8 Charming Wedding Flash Drives | Let Me See Your Package
-- Wedding Gift Usb Memory Stick,Buy Quality Wedding Gift Usb Memory Stick from Manufacturers and Suppliers on Alibaba.com
-- Novelty and Customised USB Sticks for Weddings | Memories in a Flash | Wedding Memories

Seems to be the case that couples give them to guests as souvenirs. (Potential business opportunity here? If you shoot a pre-wedding video for the couple, offer to sell them customised copies on USB sticks to give to guests?)

Last edited by Adrian Tan; November 27th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Hi Adrian

Did you find any local ones where you can just buy half a dozen or so "generic" "Our Wedding" drives??

I found plenty of local suppliers but they want a minium order of 50 USB drives so you are outlaying nearly $1K for drives that would last me nearly 3 years!!! I'd like to be able to buy wedding drives as and when I need them rather than have custom ones made up and they just sit in a box tying up your funds that could be better used elsewhere!

Osmany?? I do mine as a 1280x720 video file in MP4 format so it will play on most computers (and some TV's too) brides are most likely to show girlfriends on their laptops!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I showed clients Bluray first. Then at the end show them the same wedding on DVD. Then they can decide if they want to pay additional to get BluRay disc. You can always send them links at amazon to buy BD player for $60. I won't include them in my package.
Old November 29th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post

Did you find any local ones where you can just buy half a dozen or so "generic" "Our Wedding" drives??

Chris
Chris I found the same as you that to get personalised branded drives does involve an outlay for about £500s worth. What I did was to get regular ones with very small branding on the side and make a print template to fit the side. I then printed with not only my brand but the names as well and stuck it over the manufacturers logo. As the drive doesn't go into the computer there's no chance of the label causing a problem. Printed on thin glossy paper it looks very good. I used light weight photo paper and printed all of the upcoming jobs on one sheet then cut them off the sheet as needed. At around £15-20 a drive it's a more economically efficient way with no redundant drives at the end of the year as you can buy just the number and sizes of drives that you need.

Last edited by George Kilroy; November 29th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Osmany?? I do mine as a 1280x720 video file in MP4 format so it will play on most computers (and some TV's too) brides are most likely to show girlfriends on their laptops!

Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris.

thanks for your answer.

what size of pen drive do you use? is it formatted on FAT32 or something else? I believe FAT 32 wouldnt allow to transfer file bigger than 4gb...what do you do?

i will add pen drives to my delivery...but have to figure it out.

Thanks
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Hi Osmany

The drives are standard FAT32 but I rarely go anywhere near the 4GB limit ...When I do weddings I do them in "clips" Each clip is basically an event with a title and it fades to black at the end (and the title starts black too) so they play seamlessly together as one video but give the viewer's brain a chance to 'reset' so they don't get bored. On the DVD they just play as per the menu and on the USB the bride can select which clips she wants to show her friends (Let's face it, no friend REALLY wants to watch the whole wedding) so clips are easier to work with, edit with and show with!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques