Couple Time - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 4th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Couple Time

I think it depends on what you define as being a friend. To me, that would be someone who I have known for some time, would probably go out for the evening with, have around for a meal, perhaps even share a holiday with and someone who would be there in times of need.

So when I say that a wedding client is not going to be my friend, that doesn't mean that I won't go out of my way to be friendly and make them feel at ease. Building up a friendly easy going relationship with a client, is something that requires understanding and balance but doesn't require the establishing of a long term close friendship. Past clients are always pleased to see me and vice versa and I always take time to find out how they are doing and how life is treating them, after all if they like me and feel at ease, they will recommend me. I won't be phoning them up and asking them if they would like to come on holiday with my wife and I.

So perhaps it's just a difference of definition rather than approach:-)

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #17
Trustee

Re: Couple Time

Tom, thanks for sharing that video, by the way. I liked it a lot, and wish my own videos were half as good. Great use of natural sound, beautiful candid shots in the hair salon and of dancing guests, and some nice staged moments -- including, presumably, the waiter popping the champagne. Particularly struck by some of the from-above angles for the dancing, and by the shot with the bride sitting and gazing -- looked like you were shooting through a curtain or something -- nice diffused look.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques