How to obtain a decent contract? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 15th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How to obtain a decent contract?

What is the best way to obtain a contract in order to modify for your own use and use to send to wedding clients? Is there anything online that is useable as a good "starting point"? I need to send a contract to someone, but I'm not sure where to start.
Max Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: How to obtain a decent contract?

I wish there was like a website where you could just enter "wedding video contract" and hit search and then it would display a list of search results.... hmmmm.... one day.....
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I think someone mentioned a while back that a lot of wedding videographers in the UK tend to include their terms and conditions on their websites so maybe do a search in the UK of wedding guys and see if any have their contracts online that you could at least use as a starting point.

To completely protect yourself you would still need to get it legally drawn up. I dunno how many posters here have an expensive legal contract that is ait tight!! I just have terms and conditions that the bride signs as accepting.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Major Player

When I set out to write up our wedding videography contract I did a google search for wedding videogrpahers all over the United States and then found sites where they had a copy of their contract online.

After looking at probably a half dozen or so contracts I drew up my own pulling from the best things I liked about the ones I had researched.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Peter Riding of this parish posted a link to a copy of his extremely comprehensive contract quite recently. Do a search or send him a message.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Major Player

Max you can buy one here for $49. Worth it! Also get the Wedding Questionnaire.

http://www.videobusinesscoaching.com/purchase/

Last edited by Kelly Langerak; July 22nd, 2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: forgot to add link
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #7
Regular Crew

check out Law for Creatives for a templated contract that you can customize. Works great!
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques