DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   How do you deal with re-edits? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/517792-how-do-you-deal-re-edits.html)

Don Bloom July 21st, 2013 04:36 PM

Re: How do you deal with re-edits?

I've had clients in the past where I had to sign a NDA and give them the tapes (back then) AND the external HDD I used. Some clients have no sense of humor and you know what...I don't blame them. Some stuff just doesn't need to be on the interweb! :-)

Chris Harding July 21st, 2013 06:46 PM

Hi Al

I'm pretty careful about using Royalty free music so I don't see ads but I would suspect yes, if you video attracts ads on YouTube, it will still have those ads glued to it if you use other software to embed it.

I am pretty sure the only way to lose the ads is to not have commercial music there but using something like Video Lightbox does make the whole thing a lot more classier with really neat thumbnails and a video that pops into the centre when you click the thumbnails so you also don't get the confusion that a YT site shows. It's worth taking a look at!

Chris

Mark Whittle July 21st, 2013 07:37 PM

You tube will sometimes present the viewer with a bunch of your opposition's clips after playing yours, or some random unrelated clip, even on an embedded page. Who wants that?

I use Vimeo. You get no ads, you can control every aspect of the presentation of the embedded clip like what happens after the clip plays, you can have your own logo instead of the vimeo logo... if you have a dropbox account you can upload via dropbox... password protect and other features.

All the clips on my sample page are from vimeo: Weddings | Supernova Wedding Videos

Al Gardner July 21st, 2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1805558)
Hi Al

I'm pretty careful about using Royalty free music so I don't see ads but I would suspect yes, if you video attracts ads on YouTube, it will still have those ads glued to it if you use other software to embed it.

I am pretty sure the only way to lose the ads is to not have commercial music there but using something like Video Lightbox does make the whole thing a lot more classier with really neat thumbnails and a video that pops into the centre when you click the thumbnails so you also don't get the confusion that a YT site shows. It's worth taking a look at!

Chris

I don't think it has anything to do with commercial music. I see ads on stuff that doesn't even have music.

And you always get led away from your work. I hate that. Love your Video Lightbox idea though.

On another note, does You Tube give you actual statistics? I know sometimes you think that x amount of people have watched your video and actually x amount of people have just clicked on your video.

I think Vimeo gives you how many actual plays you had....maybe. And with my need for client privacy Vimeo works really well for me.

Just wondering with Vimeo Pro being only $59 a year why wouldn't you use it? It's a much better showcase for your work.

Chris Harding July 22nd, 2013 12:49 AM

Hi Al

I guess it's just a personal choice! I did use Vimeo briefly a few years back and potential brides were complaining about the video stopping to buffer the whole time. I just find that You Tube, even though it's not as "professional" just works better. With Video Light Box once the clip has ended the software does an inwards transition and the clip is gone so it goes nowhere else at all .. A client just clicks on the thumbnail and then video is expanded centre screen on your page with a customised style and size and auto plays. I liked it so I kept it as the YouTube custom player, which does the same thing, restricted the video size and style.

I agree than $59 is peanuts but I'd rather pay the money to Video Light Box instead....Wow Slider is also neat if you want to display stills ...I use that for the photo side.

Chris

Daniel Latimer July 22nd, 2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Gardner (Post 1805566)
I don't think it has anything to do with commercial music. I see ads on stuff that doesn't even have music

YouTube shows ads for two reason. There is the option to commercialize your content by putting an ad at the front of it, which gives the owner like a penny per view (or something close to that) or if there is commercial content (like music) it will automatically put ads on the video, but the owner is not paid.