The Full Length Video - what to include? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 27th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: The Full Length Video - what to include?

Two weddings ago, I cut everything out, all the ceremony, all the reception....the first dance never made it, no highlights. I managed to get the whole day down to zero gigs on the dvd!!!! I did do the dvd cover though.
Apparently, I had sent a printed blank disc....
Chris Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #17
Trustee

That's right Chris Harding around 10 minutes for the ceremony, from the arrivals to bride church entrance I always edit the little intro welcomes from the clergy when she has got to the bottom of the isle , then I bring in soft music film themed straight to the readings which B&G will always want to see.
Straight into the vows I wills I do and then the ring exchanges, which leads into the you may now kiss the bride, cheers and I bring in music of a celebratory level but modern, into the exit and mingling all mixed with reg sign and greetings and congrats which leads into what you may call short form where I bring the speeches in now early during the photo shoot and mingling.
So you are right I take out the homely, ( your right they are awkward and you can never hear them anyway and they are always boring.) all hymns out, take out the gospel but I may leave a little prayer in if its really meaning...The blessing I put in during the fast music with the reg sign and greetings, I mix that all up.
Speeches because I mix it up after the short ceremony like a short form I mix the speeches up so I may do a little bit of the groom then the best man then the dad back to the groom and best man and so on with footage of top shots of the b&g. Works brilliant, there is nothing worse than watching dad speak for 30 minutes with a boring voice.
If I feel dad is rambling on and being a little rude I take it out if I feel the need but usually they want to get it all over so not a problem.
I did once did a bride who's dad was a vicar and his speech was an hour. It was so boring I rang the bride up and said look for it to be in my feature film and fit nicely I will put the best parts in then if you want the lot you can have a separate disc, she was fine...Steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Hmmm, I thought I was the only one to ever do that. Now that someone else has admitted to it...Welcome to the club! ;-)
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #19
Trustee

Cheers Don... Sweet
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques