'Not a very attractive bride' - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 12th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #31
New Boot

Re: 'Not a very attractive bride'

I read about this in the metro newspaper on a way to a shoot a couple of days ago.

I think it mentioned that he apologised and gave them a full refund. As inappropriate as it was for him to make such comments, I think it was rather petty to release a story like this to the press.
Mike Lorushe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #32
Major Player

i agree with those who have pointed out that many on here bitch about their clients, but then point the finger when someone is caught. nobody is perfect. yes, he seems to be a racist chancer who really should pay more attention to what he's doing. but then again he could be just a someone letting off steam (in a stupid way) with a dodgy website. Racism is uncalled for and plain stupid but who hasn't complained about idiot clients??? they exist and are numerous!

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but some folk are, well...challenging, in a visual kind of way....
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #33
Inner Circle

A PRO will make the bride the most beautiful woman of the day, no matter how "visually challenging"... that's what separates the PRO from a wanker that spouts off and blames someone else for his inadequacies.... or that his clients were foolish enough to hire him at HIS OWN SET PRICE and expect he would do the job professionally.

I would suggest one thing can be learned from this is that ANY "wedding videographer" who makes disparaging comments about the bride is committing professional SUICIDE in a social media age...

Not everyone is a supermodel, but if you make them FEEL like they are, you will be the PRO they remember (in a GOOD way!)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
A PRO will make the bride the most beautiful woman of the day, no matter how "visually challenging"...
Yeah, it's easy done in the new version of Edius, there are several blur presets ranging from good looking to plain ugly, I think the plain ugly preset is around 70% blur, works like a charm but I"d never tell the bride, I"m not that stupid.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Sound people spend long hours with headphones on privvy to the very private comments made by the talent wearing the mics - the key feature of the job is that nothing heard gets passed on - even if you hear the artiste slagging YOU off. Like "The sound guy is really piss1ng me off - he always come in here wanting the stuff back just when I want to relax - I'm going to tell him to F*ck off next time - he's a twat" - and then you have to go in, knowing that changing the routine might reveal you 'know', and of course the person is all smiles, just like you". It's all pretend, isn't it - it simply needs privacy maintained. That is all that went wrong.

People are allowed to be racist, bigoted, homophobic in private. No Government is going to try to prevent you having opinions. You just can't promote these in public.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #36
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Yeah, it's easy done in the new version of Edius, there are several blur presets ranging from good looking to plain ugly, I think the plain ugly preset is around 70% blur, works like a charm but I"d never tell the bride, I"m not that stupid.
I think you just did - this isn't a private thread is it?
Old October 14th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #37
Inner Circle

Well, my clients have a sense of humor so they will understand.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #38
Trustee

And if things are really bad ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
.... you can pixilate!

Disclaimer: I don't have to worry because I don't do weddings.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #39
Major Player

I have found that the best solution for boring weddings is to hand over a blank dvd and to tell my client that after careful consideration I think this is the best option for their video. I then charge them extra as I had to edit down 2 hours of footage to... well, just the best bits. That's a lot of cutting!
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Maclaurin View Post
I have found that the best solution for boring weddings is to hand over a blank dvd and to tell my client that after careful consideration I think this is the best option for their video. I then charge them extra as I had to edit down 2 hours of footage to... well, just the best bits. That's a lot of cutting!
HA! Quote of the night!
Daniel Latimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 08:04 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
I understand Adrian. Bestiality is widely available but I don't want to see it here. I do not see relevance here.
Wow, that's quite a leap from the OP. I think it's entirely relevant as a discussion post in a videography forum. This guys name was definitely already in the public domain so it's not like he caused any harm to anyone.

I am fairly new to DVInfo (a bit over a year) but I love it hear because I get answers to technical, practical, and business questions that I have as I slowly do different types of video work. This is informative and interesting and related to what we do. Sort of like that guy who hit the bride in the head with the quadcopter over the summer, or the grandmother who threw a glass of wine instead of confetti on the B&G as they left the church.

Quote:
It is my fondest hope that there are no members of this forum who will need to remember to keep their cameras turned off because they would say such things. If they do get caught saying such things then they have it coming anyway, they've asked for it.
True :) I have no real sympathy for this videographer

Quote:
I have not seen the news article, and I can tell you I do not feel sorry that I missed it. There is no telling who is telling the truth in the news half the time anyway, it's mostly he-said/she-said.
Except when it's recorded on camera!!
Nick Reuter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques