Highlight Clip for Review at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 2nd, 2005, 05:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Highlight Clip for Review

Here are two clips from my most recent wedding project. Any suggestions or comments are welcome on the highlight clip as I have not finished with the project yet and can still make changes. BTW, this was the first wedding I've seen where the groom had his grandfather as one of his groomsmen.

www.digkeepsakes.com/jm.wmv

For the "Flower Girl Cam" clip I brought along my old Canon ZR45. After getting permission from the flower girls parent's, I handed her my camera, gave her some brief instructions and turned her loose. Here's the link.

www.digkeepsakes.com/Zoe.wmv

Thanks for any input or suggestions on the highlight clip in advance.

Chris
Chris Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 06:45 PM   #2
New Boot

bad links?

Chris,
Neither link works for me.
Dennis Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 07:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry. The server on my powweb site has been up and down all weekend. It was up when I posted. Give it a try later. Thanks for trying.

Chris
Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:00 PM   #4
New Boot

comments

Chris,
I thought you produced a very solid video for the couple. Video is just an avocation for me so take my comments accordingly. Very impressed with your title fonts and colors. I think your beginning of the church venue set up shots could have been done differently and even incorporated after the title. Most of your other uses of camara movement were done well. Audio was very good. What did you use? Interesting idea and implementation of the Zoe cam.
I have to think you would have some satisfied clients. Thanks for sharing, it's always a learning experience for me. Dennis
Dennis Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Dennis,

Thanks for your comments. The priest was wearing an iRiver with a Giant Squid mic. The interviews and vows used a Sennheiser 100 wireless system.

Chris
Old October 4th, 2005, 07:03 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Loved the idea of the Zoe cam. I've gotten so many new ideas from this forum.
Old October 4th, 2005, 07:34 AM   #7
Wrangler

Great stuff Chris. I liked your use of voice-overs and moving shots. Added a great deal of depth to the piece. The only thing I felt was missing was the inclusion of tight close-up shots. It felt like the tightest you'd get were medium to medium close-up shots. That shot of her putting her hands on his head (great shot btw) would have been amplified emotionally if you were zoomed tighter cropping only their faces. A little too much head-room on the talking head interviews but not too bad. Overall I think it's a solid piece with lots of very good elements. I can see your inspirations. Thanks for sharing.

PS The Zoe cam is brillaint.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques