New wedding vid delivery order? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 1st, 2014, 04:49 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: New wedding vid delivery order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
I

Yes, where practical a personal delivery always projects good service! Dunno about the UK but on average the vendor service here downright sucks according to brides on local forums! I don't want to be included in that group!

Chris
I think it is pretty much the same here! A wedding is unlike any other event as it dominates the couples lives for months before, particularly the Bride. Myself and Claire genuinely enjoy wedding filming and we want the client to feel at ease with us and see that we are interested. We have an informal meeting with every couple to talk about how they see their day, and this is often less about the video/photographs and more about understanding them and what is important to them.

We delivered a finished video and stills yesterday evening to a couple who live over an hour away. The Bride's sister was tragically killed in a car crash ten years ago and we knew that they were very close, with pictures of her and candles at the wedding. We had a photo of her that I spent two hours in photoshop combining into a photo of her in a bridesmaid's dress with bouquet, in a group pose with the Bride and her other Sister and Brother. When they saw it last night, she was moved to tears and said that we had made a dream come true for her as she felt as though her Sister had attended her wedding in spirit. That is not something we charged for, but we felt we wanted to do it for her to complete her day. From a business point of view, many would see it as just wasted time, but weddings are more than just a business and going the extra mile is something that helps to build an image of a company that is interested, rather than just grabbing the money. It also makes a big difference on the day as we tend to get treated as someone that they know and trust, which makes it much more relaxed and enjoyable for us.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:13 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: New wedding vid delivery order?

Hi Roger

That would only be a waste of time if you were an idiot. Guess who is the first person the bride will recommend if there is someone else needing your services.

Just tiny things, a lot less effort than yours, can even make a huge difference and make sure that when the bride's friend decides to get married you will be the very first person they would think of!

A little extra effort can often go a long way yet no many people worry about it!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques