5D Mark III video output to RCA Cable LED at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 4th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

5D Mark III video output to RCA Cable LED

Hi,we have an event day after tomorrow, where they have 2 LEDs fitted on the stage.
They need me to connect their LED RCA Cable to my camera, so that whatever we shoot shows live on their screens.

How is that done on 5D Mark III ?

Can it record apart from the monitor view ?

And simply connecting the RCA cable to camera to the LED will do the job ?

Or is there anything which Im missing.
Old February 4th, 2014, 11:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: 5D Mark III video output to RCA Cable LED

anyone who got a clue ?
Old February 4th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #3
Trustee

Soumendra, I'm scared to mislead you, because I'm terrible with AV stuff, but I think that, yes, either RCA or HDMI ought to work, but please test it before taking my word for it. Don't walk in blind and try to work it all out at the last minute.

Catch 1: you'll need a long cable.

Catch 2: as soon as you plug in RCA or HDMI, you disable live view, so your camera operator will need to look at the big LCD screen to frame properly. (Might be some workarounds -- for instance, you could split the HDMI feed, and send one signal to an on-camera monitor and the other to the venue's screen.)

(Note: USB out of camera might be possible without disabling live view, but you may need to plug the cable into a laptop with Canon software installed to view properly, and then get a feed out of the laptop onto the LCD screen.)

Catch 3: Now that you're hooked onto a cable, the camera is going to be pretty stationary -- partly because you're limited by the cable, and partly because you don't want people tripping over your cable even if it's long enough to walk around.

If you now want to roam, you probably need something like a Teradek Bolt to send a wireless signal. I've got next to no experience with this sort of stuff, but I'm sure a lot of people on this forum who have shot concerts, etc, do, so hopefully they'll chime in.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes, the display guy has a long RCA cable.

I will just put it in the camera and the live view goes and the output straight shows up on the display.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques