3rd camera option for ceremony at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Major Player

3rd camera option for ceremony

Hello everyone. I am shooting with 2 canon 60ds and would like a third back up camera. I would like something small but good in low light. Also, the camera would need to be unmanned so it would have to have the ability to record for an hour or so. Any suggestions? I was looking at some of the Sony hdr 15 cameras??? the ones that are competing with Gopro. As a note this camera would probably only show up in a few edits. It would be my cover shot while I change lenses or position. Thanks in advance.
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 3rd camera option for ceremony

Personally I would get another 60D or at least another Canon DSLR. You can use Magic Lantern to restart & get round the 12 minute clip limit. Nothing beats using the same cameras when it comes to matching up footage. You get to share all the lenses batteries & memory cards too.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Panasonic FZ200 has a 28x zoom, constant F/2.8 aperture, and unlimited recording, batteries last for a looong time. Cost about $500.

On the plus side it provides a wonderful long shot from the back of the church, I love it. For closeups during vows it's amazing from the rear. Otherwise it's actually not a great camera for too much else. It would be perfect for what you need.

I run four cameras for my weddings and the FZ200 is a lifesaver.
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:19 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cook View Post
Hello everyone. I am shooting with 2 canon 60ds and would like a third back up camera. I would like something small but good in low light. Also, the camera would need to be unmanned so it would have to have the ability to record for an hour or so. Any suggestions? I was looking at some of the Sony hdr 15 cameras??? the ones that are competing with Gopro. As a note this camera would probably only show up in a few edits. It would be my cover shot while I change lenses or position. Thanks in advance.
Canon hfm56/52/506 match very well, very cheap. more money get the hfg25 more controls. All good in low light at 10db to 18db.
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques