Custom USB Suppliers - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 30th, 2014, 07:49 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Custom USB Suppliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rush View Post
OK so basically USB drives are no good for delivering H.264 HD movies as only FAT32 is usable? My master HD wedding files are all over 10GB. Well one option would be to export chapters separately but then how can they play the movie end-to-end? Plus it's adding a whole bunch of time to my workflow which would up the price.

Pete
Our films are 20 mins and. 15mbps AVC is around 2GB which is the same bitrate we use for Blu-Ray.
Old May 30th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Mine are long form and all well over an hour (full ceremony and speeches) I'd have to break it down into chapters but a church ceremony is still over 40 minutes!
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #18
Inner Circle

ExFAT is all well & good if they will only ever want to view the videos on a computer. USB sticks can be plugged into a variety of devices for playback that may or may not have support for exFAT e.g. TV set, Blu-ray player, WDTV media player etc.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
ExFAT is all well & good if they will only ever want to view the videos on a computer. USB sticks can be plugged into a variety of devices for playback that may or may not have support for exFAT e.g. TV set, Blu-ray player, WDTV media player etc.
True. Good point well made.
Old June 8th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #20
Regular Crew

As mentioned before, definitely Photoflashdrive.com. I loved the look and feel of the one I ordered. Take a look at the USB Flash Drive that I have for my company.

I'm actually about to reup and get more. :)
Old June 9th, 2014, 02:19 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Yup, Our TV supports exFAT but neither of our parents TV's do and I think our TV only got it because I updated its firmware lately.

If you want to gurantee it works you pretty much need to stick to FAT32. Sure, you can ask what TV and devices they have, if it supports exFAT then you can use that and have your longform edits in one big file but it would make much more sense to just have a workflow which assumes FAT32 and use that for everything.

We do also give them a copy of the ceremony and speeches in full which can vary from 30 minutes to 2 hours. In those cases we just adjust the bitrate. The 2 hour one had to go down to 5mbps from 15 but this isnt a big deal. As its just the ceremony and speeches there is little movement so the low bitrate doesnt become much of an issue.
Old September 10th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #22
Regular Crew

I actually updated my Wedding USB Flash Drive. From WHCC.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques