spare lav mic clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 29th, 2014, 02:42 AM   #1
Trustee

spare lav mic clips

Got a load of lav mics without clips due to losing them on the groom or ? Any out there, seen the crocodile ones but they sure look ugly? steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 05:06 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: spare lav mic clips

Hi Steve

Yeah the eBay ones are big and ugly too. A mate of mine used to use the little clips that belong to Christmas lights ... I can't remember what they looked like exactly but they were really neat ....I think they are used to secure light strands when you put lights outside so Santa can find your house. Might be worth a look?? He used to buy packets of 20 so they were almost disposable.

In an emergency I did use a paper clip once ... the clip side slides nicely onto the groom's lapel and you just twist the other half 90 degrees so it fits on the mic shaft.

Let us know if you find anything small and neat?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 05:27 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I've been using these for a few years now and since it's set up for a double mic I have an extra mic clip.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/815349-REG/Sennheiser_543653_MZQ_22_Double_Tie.html
They're aren't cheap but all of the major TV stations around here and most around the country that I've seen use them.
Old August 29th, 2014, 06:22 AM   #4
Trustee

Cheers Don they have these and they should do it cheers Sennheiser MZQ2EW Tie Clip for ME2 Lav Mic MZQ2-EW B&H Photo
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 06:23 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Steve

Yeah the eBay ones are big and ugly too. A mate of mine used to use the little clips that belong to Christmas lights ... I can't remember what they looked like exactly but they were really neat ....I think they are used to secure light strands when you put lights outside so Santa can find your house. Might be worth a look?? He used to buy packets of 20 so they were almost disposable.

In an emergency I did use a paper clip once ... the clip side slides nicely onto the groom's lapel and you just twist the other half 90 degrees so it fits on the mic shaft.

Let us know if you find anything small and neat?

Chris
Sennheiser MZQ2EW Tie Clip for ME2 Lav Mic MZQ2-EW B&H Photo
these should do it Chris cheers
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques