Wish all of you well for today's shoots at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 18th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #1
Major Player

Wish all of you well for today's shoots

Off to another wedding. We should start charging once we start packing...haha. Wish all of you well on today's shoots!
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 09:05 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Wish all of you well for today's shoots

Good luck, Jeff. I'm off today, and deserve it after turning a huge wedding edit around on 5 days, much to my wife's chagrin.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 09:51 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks, Jeff!
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:24 PM   #4
Trustee

Jeff C, wish I had your luck yesterday...
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #5
Inner Circle

This weekend was my last weekend off before Christmas so I was really lazy and took advantage. I don't want a wedding today anyway as it's pouring with rain!

Once November hits it's often 3 back to back weddings here at weekends so it's a tough month!!

Hope the wedding went well Jeff

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Have two weddings this weekend and we're on the outskirts of Hurricane Ana. Survived this morning's one in the rain (thankfully we were in a church) but tomorrow's one is at sunset on the beach. Should be very interesting. ;-)
Maui, Hawaii
Todd Mizomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 02:50 AM   #7
Inner Circle

I had a 'surprise' vow exchange yesterday - quite complicated as it was a same sex couple that had already been through a civil partnership (I filmed that 4 years ago) but one of the brides was in the dark about it! The vow exchange was in readiness for a full marriage next year.

I'm off today but having to get all my gear ready to film the 'South Aisian Chef Competition' tomorrow - 8am until 11pm!

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 04:05 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Ha! I feel for you guys, instead of shooting yet another wedding I was shooting a promo for a travel agency yesterday, much more fun :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Had a solo video and photo package yesterday with Bride's preps from 11.00. Had to leave home at 9.30, so 7.30 breakfast and gear check. It was an hotel wedding so at least no moving to a different venue. It was also a chance to try out the new cheap GoPro clone, so two cameras on the tripod and different overviews from GoPro and clone. The only problem was that the ceremony was candlelight with one very dim chandelier aswell.

The Bride informed me that one of the guests hadn't turned up, so I could have their meal. Great I thought, a 3 course meal with wine, coffee and all the trimmings. I asked for mine to be served in the bar rather than intruding on the guests, however the managements attitude seemed to be that I wasn't a guest so I didn't matter. I had to collect the starter as they had 'forgotten' to bring it. About 15 minutes after all main courses had been served, I asked about mine, which was then banged down in front of me nearly cold. When it came to the sweet, I didn't get one as the radio mic had broken down and the manager said that she had to put the guest's priorities first. After they faffed about for 30 minutes trying to fix the radio mic, I pointed out that they really should have asked me as I had a collection of cables and had been a sound engineer for 30 years. It took about 30 seconds to find that a cable was faulty! I still didn't get my sweet, or wine, or roll or coffe, even though the family had paid £42 for it!

The wedding itself though was good fun, the families were great, and I finally got home at around 11pm

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #10
Major Player

Glad to hear folks were relaxing, shooting something other than a wedding, and trying to stay dry. I am currently working on the trailer from yesterday's shoot. It is taking me way longer than usual. You know...there are some days were you get ton of money shots and then there are days like yesterday.
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques