?Ways to Use a GoPro - And which one? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:22 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: ?Ways to Use a GoPro - And which one?

I think the next stage is that we ask the bride and groom to wear head cams the whole day so that they can relive their wedding exactly as it was for them. We could also have a new chapter in the dvd, Consummation.
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 11:37 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I've recently been setting mine up outside the church door and do a nice time lapse if guests arriving - I do the same for receiving lines but not with my Gopro - the CX700 suffices for that.

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 04:13 PM   #18
Trustee

I've started to use GoPros more often at ceremonies. For instance, even if you're just dedicating them to special tasks (musician cam; mothers lighting the candles cam), or using them to cover awkward transitions (eg when you're repositioning cameras after processional or before signing). It's surprising how often they'll get usable shots, and just by guesswork too; I haven't tried using the app yet or any sort of preview screen for framing.

Put it this way... If you're using a number of audio backups (though, given the setup time potentially involved, I'm sceptical how many videographers do bother to set more than one audio backup, or even to set any audio backup at all), why not use a number of visual backups?

Also wanted to add -- one thing that's definitely helped is the battery bacpacs. That, plus a charged normal battery, is normally enough to see a Hero 3 or 4 through a ceremony if you're triggering record half an hour before kick-off, and it seems an easier and more flexible solution than hooking up to an external battery.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques