What to do with bookings for the same date? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 10th, 2014, 03:26 AM   #1
Inner Circle

What to do with bookings for the same date?

A couple contacted me for a wedding, I send them a email back saying it would be best to meet so I can show them samples and explain my way of working. I never go to the clients house but always let them come to me, a large part of my clients is 1 to 1,5 hour drive from my place and I just cannot afford to loose the time with traveling back and forth. So while I wait for their answer I get another bride inquiring for the same date and there the problem starts.

As this happens a few times every year I usually try to meet up with the first clients asap so I can either confirm a booking and inform the second client I"m booked or if they decide not to book me to invite the second client for a meeting. Only it does happen and especially in this case where the first couple is only able to meet me 14 days after our first contact, in this case I find it fair to first meet up with the first couple as they contacted me first and tell the second couple I will inform them about the decision of the first couple right after we meet, I also ask the first couple to tell me latest one day after we meet if they want to book me or not so I can inform the second couple.

In these cases I always fear that if they would not book me the second couple got tired of waiting and goes shopping elsewhere.

How do you guys deal with that? easiest way was that whoever meets first with me and books gets me as their videographer but I rather not turn it into a competition.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 07:31 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: What to do with bookings for the same date?

I'm with you about whomever called first, gets time to talk to me and think about it. If a second person contacts me, I'm pretty honest about what is going on, and will tell them, but still spend a bit of time talking details.

Then, I also talk to the first couple and follow up with them. If they don't answer, I give them 2 days to call me back. If not, I move on.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques