When to start upgrading cameras? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 17th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: When to start upgrading cameras?

I wouldn't necessarily get all one camera. As a multi-shooter, I wish we had stuck with two 70Ds for the autofocus and reach, and two 5d Mark ii's for the full frame and low light ability.

If I upgraded right now, I'd consider two GH4s and two Sonys, for instance, though I also prefer to wait for the next group of cameras that will have a few improvements. Mostly I'd consider what I'd really want, see if there is a single camera that can do it (answer: nope), and consider the best combination of cameras that would. For instance:

I want 4K (for cropping, so it doesn't have to be all cameras), focus tracking like the 70D, full frame, low light performance, and a reasonable work flow.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Where did you get that info?
I just made it up ... would be happy to place a bet of £10 that they will bring out a camera like that though!
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Willing to make that £1000? :D

Ah well, Sony might surprise us, they spit out more camera's then all other competitors combined.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques