DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Digital Delivery with DVD Style Menu in Flash Drive (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/526553-digital-delivery-dvd-style-menu-flash-drive.html)

Chris Harding February 18th, 2015 05:39 AM

Re: Digital Delivery with DVD Style Menu in Flash Drive

Hi Clive

Taky is offering to do all the code etc etc for $149.00 so he is obviously not going to write a free tutorial on how to do it and kill his income!

There are stacks of HTML5 players out there now ...EasyHTML5 is actually free but you would have to figure out how to place and code the chapter buttons ... it does come however with a poster background as standard and you can use your own or grab a still from the actual video.

Let us know how you get on? I still find that brides are asking for DVD as the primary delivery so I haven't delved too much into this topic ... if the clients wants DVD then that's what I give them.

Chris

Nigel Barker February 18th, 2015 05:46 AM

This is neat but essentially pretty straightforward for anyone with some HTML CSS & JavaScript skills using something like JW Player. The video player Chris linked to looks like a nice alternative without having to roll your own code so much.

I am intrigued as to how the B&G are supposed to connect a thumb drive to their iPhone or iPad.

Chris Harding February 18th, 2015 06:27 AM

Hi Nigel

Our Apple store here has a USB adapter cable BUT at Apple's very generous prices. $200!!! for a little cable??? I doubt at those prices brides will be too happy about spending $200 just to watch their wedding on an iPad ... it would be cheaper to buy them an Android tablet and cost it in!!

Nigel Barker February 18th, 2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1877143)
Hi Nigel

Our Apple store here has a USB adapter cable BUT at Apple's very generous prices. $200!!! for a little cable??? I doubt at those prices brides will be too happy about spending $200 just to watch their wedding on an iPad ... it would be cheaper to buy them an Android tablet and cost it in!!

I didn't realise that there was such a device. Incidentally while searching the UK Apple store I did find what must be the most expensive iPad accessory ever. Just £1,859 for a piece of rolling luggage that you can pack 20 iPads into & charge them simultaneously. Bretford PowerSync Roller 20 for iPad mini with Lightning Connector - Apple Store (UK)

Taky Cheung February 18th, 2015 07:27 AM

Clive, You make it sounds like I'm a bad guy. I spent time research and study.. I will be speaking at several videographer associations on this topic. It includes demo and codes to generate the menu and playback screen. That doesn't make sense for me to make online tutorials at this time. maybe you can try learn it your own? If you don't want to, hire a web guy do it for you. Oh maybe you just want things for free?

Taky Cheung February 18th, 2015 07:34 AM

My offering also includes a special thumbdrive that work with iPhone and iPads directly wirelessly without using iTunes.

Chris Harding February 18th, 2015 07:56 AM

Thanks a good price Taky! We have 16GB Sandisk wireless thumb drives here for $85.00 so you are really not making a whole lot of money and providing a service that frees the videographer up spending time buying drives and assembling the video files and code.

I have very few brides who will even consider the USB option so I stick with DVD's still but obviously in other countries they are popular and for an extra $60 per wedding (after the drive cost) your offer is actually a bargain!!

Jeff Harper February 18th, 2015 08:28 AM

Taky, thanks for sharing. You are a great guy and you share a LOT of stuff that is VERY helpful on your website and in this forum that helps many people. Your audio demos have been especially helpful and informative to me. You are a positive force good in the business and we do appreciate your enthusiasm and helpfulness. You are also give AWESOME service for your products and are among the most helpful equipment vendors I've ever known!

Taky Cheung February 18th, 2015 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Chris and Jeff for the kind words. I actually started working on this HTML5 output for fun or for myself to use. But it seems it will benefit many others. However, they are still kinda technical stuff. I might end up answering tech support calls. I have people calling to my business phone numbers on how to design DVD cover insert.

The wireless thumbdrive I have I will sell at $35 for 16GB and $42 for 32GB. Right now I only have the 16GB in stock. I am setting up a product page soon.

Clive McLaughlin February 21st, 2015 01:32 AM

Thanks Taky for offering to help, but I actually figured it out myself. I do have a web design degree (despite not practicing it for ten years) so I knew I could manage it if I bothered myself!

Clive McLaughlin February 21st, 2015 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 1877146)
Clive, You make it sounds like I'm a bad guy. I spent time research and study.. I will be speaking at several videographer associations on this topic. It includes demo and codes to generate the menu and playback screen. That doesn't make sense for me to make online tutorials at this time. maybe you can try learn it your own? If you don't want to, hire a web guy do it for you. Oh maybe you just want things for free?

Taky, just saw this. Sorry if it came across that way - you are definately not a bad guy!

Donald McPherson February 22nd, 2015 02:05 PM

Has anybody tried outputting flash with Adobe Encore. What's the highest resolution you can use?

Taky Cheung February 22nd, 2015 03:12 PM

I have. You can export to 1080p full HD. It works on PC, Mac, android with Flash sideloaded. Won't work on any iDevices.

Here's a Flash output on windows tablet.

Denis Danatzko April 5th, 2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Barker (Post 1877140)

I am intrigued as to how the B&G are supposed to connect a thumb drive to their iPhone or iPad.

I've used this
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1218920-REG/sandisk_sddd2_128g_a46_128gb_ultra_dual_usb.htmlas a storage device to backup my LG G3, and I've been able to play .mp4 files from it.

I'm surprised more manufacturer's haven't included both sizes. I really like the versatility of having both sizes of USB.

Chris Harding April 5th, 2016 06:50 PM

That solution doesn't help iPad users at all as the devices don't have a USB or microUSB input ...you are supposed to send the data to iTunes or something like that and then access on line with your iPad I'm not too sure on the exact process as I don't have any Apple devices but it seems silly to not have a USB port on a tablet!!

Taky's method is a lot better as we are dealing with brides who often have little or no technical expertise so your system has to be simple to use! I give brides DVD's and USB and you would be amazed how many of them admit "We actually haven't tried the USB yet" or "we only looked at the photos on the USB with our laptop"

We are using 7" LCD video brochures which are in book form so even grandparents can easily watch a wedding video ..they just open the cover (like a book) and the video plays and it stops when they close it. You would be surprised how many people have no idea what to do with a USB drive!! We don't supply DVD's cos we want to, they are a pain, BUT brides ask for them!!