Lav holder for thighs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 15th, 2015, 08:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Lav holder for thighs

I mic the bride (yes it's hearsay). I've seen a thigh holder for the transmitter but I don't now the model to purchase it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Note Suwanchote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Lav holder for thighs

Here's some brands:

Neopax

Wireless Mic Belts

Shure (scroll down page for different options)
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2015, 12:34 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Lav holder for thighs

These can be quite awkward and uncomfortable. In theatre we rarely use these types of product, but our wardrobe department knock up very simple pouches in white, or coloured fabric, with tapes that can go around the waist. However, if we had an actress in a wedding dress style costume that was worn for extended periods, we would simply attach the pouch to the lining after threading the mic cable up. Two safety pins and you are done. It's always safer than trying to do a thigh attachment. To actors, they do t really bother, but to a one off user like a bride, it's very strange to wear. Inner thigh mounting works with thin thighs but is horrible if they are chunkier there. So much depends on the stature and the dress. I bought a dozen of these things off the shelf a few years ago and they were disliked by the users, and I went back to mic pouches knocked up on a sewing machine in two minutes. One hem, one threaded through tape to tie to things, and one seam!
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques