Film or Video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 28th, 2015, 06:21 PM   #16
Slash Rules!

Re: Film or Video

He's talking about for SEO purposes (what will get him most hits from searches), not necessarily the meaning of the words or who associates each with what.

Do you have to be using Adwords to search for stuff like this? Maybe I will tweak my own site. I mean, it's made in Iweb so I only have so much control, but still. . .
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 07:33 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: Film or Video

A bridal forum I visit just had a disturbing post regarding this very subject. The bride was obviously impressed with the term "cinematographer" and booked the guy but was totally horrified when her "wedding film" came back as a 15 minute short form which had a drastically shortened ceremony and none of her speeches recorded. Very arty farty but not at all what she expected for a lot of money!

It's probably more important to make sure the bride knows exactly what she is getting and if that content is what she wants. You can call it a movie, video, film or whatever you want to BUT let the client know what you are going to cover and what you are going to include in the final product.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques