Monopod Foot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 25th, 2015, 06:57 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Monopod Foot

This is a long shot but I have a Manfrotto Neotec monopod and keep loosing the rubber feet - at nearly £15 a pop it's getting expensive, I've just ordered my third!

Many moons ago on this very forum someone posted a DIY method of securing it - ring any bells with anyone?

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:15 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Monopod Foot

I purchased an attachment from B&H for mine, but I can't remember what the attachment was called. Seems to do the job; I've had other problems with this monopod (top part seems to have some play in it), but the foot's never fallen off.

I think the attachment was this one:

Foot Shield - Custom Brackets

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/765805-REG/Custom_Brackets_FOOT_SHIELD_Foot_Shield_for_Manfrotto.html
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Tan View Post
I purchased an attachment from B&H for mine, but I can't remember what the attachment was called. Seems to do the job; I've had other problems with this monopod (top part seems to have some play in it), but the foot's never fallen off.

I think the attachment was this one:

Foot Shield - Custom Brackets

Custom Brackets Foot Shield for Manfrotto Monopod FOOT SHIELD
Have you seen the new one from Sirui? Looks amazing!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1024708-REG/sirui_bsrp224s_carbon_fiber_monopod.html
I haven't had any problems with my Manfrotto feet yet. :/
Craig McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 12:28 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I've got the 204S (aluminum vs. CF), nice little monopod, the feet are longer that the Bogen ones, so it's more stable.

Even better are the 324 and 424, with even longer feet and more height. Overall the Sirui monopods are bigger and heavier, but I find them to be pretty solid. The small ones are almost as heavy as the taller ones (big heavy feet), so the taller ones are worth considering. I like the older versions over the "new" ones, just because they are a little simpler, but both are "upgrades" to the Bogens. I kept one of the Bogen 560b's, just because it's small and light...handy sometimes!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques