Corrupted GoPro File at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 3rd, 2015, 03:54 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Corrupted GoPro File

Well for the first time I got the Gopro SOS screen - the advice from gopro is to press any button and the file will be repaired - well it was not - still corrupted

If any of you come across the same problem this worked for me :)

Grau GmbH Hardware & Software Solutions » Video Repair Software

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2015, 05:40 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Corrupted GoPro File

Hi Pete

Glad you got it fixed anyway. I had many issues with both my GoPros which either froze when I started recording or stopped recording when the file split time came up so my second file showed as 0kb!!

That's why I shifted to the SJ4000's and thankfully they haven't caused any issues so far at all. Have you seen the SJ6000 yet ... looks much the same but seems to have a better sensor and a 2" LCD at the back almost the size of the camera body ...that might be easier for framing, I have had no issues with the MOV files.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2015, 01:20 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Well that app worked but only in demo mode so only recovered 50% It was footage of people dancing so I'm not sure it's worth spending £100 on the full version. Interested in that camera Chris - Is there anywhere a comparison with the Gopro looking at low light performance?

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2015, 02:45 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Pete

I'm still looking for an "official" website .. the SJCAM site doesn't list it at all but has the SJ5000 only which has a better sensor than the 4000 (It's a Panasonic sensor) I used my 4000 in a very dark Church on Saturday and did a 1.5X zoom which made the image a bit too grainy to use but on full wide the little 4000 seems to work most places and is worth the $100 I paid for it (Actually have two as we need two underwater cameras for last Christmas when we went to the Cocos Keeling Islands)

I'll let you know what tech info I can find on the 6000 ..eBay isn't very helpful sadly and there are a lot of copies around of the same camera! The SJ4000 certainly has been fault free for me every time I use it so I might just see what the 5000 is like this year ... the only semi-genuine website seems to be SJCAM Action Camera - New way, new world! - SJCAM and the 5000 has a 1/2.3" sensor 16mp resolution ... I must say my cheaper 4000's perform way better than the Hero 2 I had!

UPDATE: the SJ6000 simply is a 4000 with a 2" LCD I have found ..same sensor as the cheaper 4000 ... the one to look at is the SJ5000 PLUS ..this is the one with the new Panasonic 16mp sensor so should be a lot better in low light !!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques