If You Could Ban ONE Reception Song? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 16th, 2015, 09:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

If You Could Ban ONE Reception Song?

If you could ban one wedding reception song, what would it be? For whatever reason :)

Mine would be Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" just because I am sick to death of hearing this every Saturday, watching and listening to drunk people scream the chorus, and have grown tired of capturing the air guitar solos.

But I'm not bitter. LOL
Ian Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 09:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: If You Could Ban ONE Reception Song?

lol, pretty funny thread. I'd say "Shots" by I think Lil Jon or Lil Wayne. I dunno, the song is just him screaming "Shots shots shots shots shot shots". Not a fan of Sir Mix Alots "Baby Got Back" just an awkward song for me to choose who to shoot during it.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Inner Circle

number one by far: "le connemara from Michel Sardou", over here it's a tradition for the guests to wave their napkins when this song is playing, no-one knows where the tradition comes from but I have been hearing this song at every single Belgian wedding over the past 10 years. If I ever would meet Michel Sardou I would probably punch him in the face, even if he would be a nice guy.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 11:36 AM   #4
Inner Circle

ONE song? Couldn't choose. I DJ'd hundreds of weddings in the 80s 90s and I hate them all. We are family, celebration, baby got back, billy jean, wanna be startin somethin', the list goes on and on.

Ok, I guess Billy Jean is the one I would choose, I hate it the most. Wait, I hate Thriller a lot too. It's not played as often but I hate it so bad.
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:18 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I'm sick to death of hearing John Legend's All Of Me for nearly every first dance over the last year or so, usually followed by I've Got A Feeling by Black Eyed Peas to get everyone up.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #6
Trustee

Haha. Some of you may recall I'm actually an MC/DJ (or, ALSO, I guess). I've done the music at about 600 wedding dances. I'm glad to hear you guys hate some of the music as much as I do.

I also dislike the Black Eyed Peas, though I don't usually have to play it anymore. Same with the Chicken Dance or Hokey Pokey.

Though, feel sorry for me, guys. When I am the DJ (still about 25 times a year), I have to pretend like I'm also having a great time... no matter how much I hate the song.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 08:26 PM   #7
Regular Crew

"Feeling Hot Hot Hot"
Cant stand it anymore!
Julius Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2015, 03:53 AM   #8
Slash Rules!

I've only ever done a handful of weddings ever but you can put down Cupid Shuffle or "Superman that Ho" (I cannot possibly be bothered to look up the actual name if that isn't it) for me.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques