camera slider - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 9th, 2015, 01:06 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: camera slider

I just got this slider VARAVON Slidecam S900 and I like it so far. Better than my previous slider. I haven't used it on a wedding yet, but I did use it for a real estate video tour, that you can see it in use here http://goo.gl/p4qub1 if you'd like.

With my old slider, I tried not to use it so much at weddings because I didn't feel like it was needed. I felt at the time of the slider boom too many people were relying on it.

But yes, you can get away with a 24. The longer sliders will need two tripods or light stands and they can be a pain.

I do want to go motorized eventually, but manual is just fine if you have the right slider.

Never really had anyone ask about my slider when it's setup. lo.
Old July 16th, 2015, 05:50 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: camera slider

Cinematic Duzi came in the mail today. Unfortunately I had to get the older version because there was a 2 week wait for the v3. I don't like the locking mechanism and wish it came with a case. The rails are exposed and could easily get nicked throwing it in my tripod bag.

But otherwise what a dream! In no time I was able to get smooth motion. I'm glad I got the more expensive Manfrotto MH054M0-Q5 ball head that accepts 501 plate and the large ball allows for smooth pans and simultaneous slides. Rubber band method gives a gradual stop and as long as you don't press down there is no bend at the end.

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; July 16th, 2015 at 07:32 AM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques