Popshields for ME-2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 7th, 2015, 08:43 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Popshields for ME-2

At nearly £20 a pop for the offical ones (crazy when I can buy a new microphone for £65) and I need 2, I thought I might just use some generic foam pop shields - As these are easily lost I'm guessing it's an issue most of you good folks have come across so can anyone recommend ones that are snug?

The main reason is I keep loosing them and want a relatively cheap set I can call on when needed.

As a rule the inner hole tends to be too large on ones I've had in the past, so maybe a correct size 'o' ring might keep them in place?

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 08:09 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Popshields for ME-2

I've been using these for the past few years and they work much better than the windscreen that comes with the ME2.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/663118-REG/Rycote_105501_105501_Lavalier_Foam_Windscreen.html

I ordered one set and they lasted about a year as I lost one about every three months. I ordered more and while the package indicated they were black, they were actually grey while the ones I had before were actually black. It's not a huge deal but the grey doesn't blend in to suits as well as the black ones did. Either way, they do a great job of cutting down on wind noise when there's a mild to moderate amount of wind. If there's a lot of wind then you'll probably need to hide the mic under clothes, but I've never run into a situation where these haven't worked yet.
Michael Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 08:15 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Excellent thank you

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2015, 10:48 AM   #4
Trustee

Pete,

I have some very fine small sized black wire zip ties to hold them on. Zip one around the base, snip off excess with wire cutters, make sure it did not leave a sharp spot and your done. They are so small they blend right in. You will never loose one again.

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques