DVD Burning Service - Low Volume at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 6th, 2015, 12:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD Burning Service - Low Volume

Anyone use any DVD Burning Services? I'm no longer burning stuff for people as I'm done spending money on the equipment. I just had a couple ask for some DVD's and know I'll have more in the future. Most services there's a minimum of 50 dvd order

I saw that walmart has a service for $25 a dvd. Gonna try that but wondering if there's maybe any others too.
Travis Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: DVD Burning Service - Low Volume

Perhaps you mean duplicate copies of a DVD disc ?
Have you tried and see if Costco can do them ? I find $25 per copy is a lot but then I do them myself so I wouldn't know what others are charging. I have done recently 50 copies for someone using Toast Titanium with multi burn feature. I knocked them out in less than 5 hours costing me 20 cents each.
Arthur Gannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #3
Major Player

I use Kunaki.com

It's a very bare-bones service - you must be willing to read the directions to make it all work, but it's under $2 per disc including case with full-color insert, color disc print, and even a color insert inside the case. Did I mention shrink wrapped also?

Through their online tool, you load in your jpeg artwork, and a digital copy of the DVD, and then it all uploads together to their site. Then you can order online and have them all sent to you, or you can have Kunaki ship to customers direct using a spreadsheet. Or check a box and they create an order page and customers can order direct from Kunaki at any price you set, and you get the profit.

Been using them 3-4 years now for stage event DVDs, any volume.

Should mention they do single, 4.7GB DVDs only, no dual-layer discs or sets.

Thanks
Old November 6th, 2015, 05:29 PM   #4
Trustee

Kunaki: This is the greatest thing I've ever heard of, and at the perfect price point. I will never make another DVD.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2015, 04:57 AM   #5
Inner Circle

two or three years ago when I last looked at duplication I was amazed at how cheap it is & they will even print colour covers & shrink wrap in cellophane for a very professional look. Even aside from the time saving the costs for as few as 10 copies were worthwhile & it's probably just shipping costs that inflate the price for even smaller numbers.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques