American Wedding Group? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 11th, 2016, 04:00 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: American Wedding Group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Except if you work in your normal area you will get known as someone who works for this crowd & not someone with a business in their own right. If this lot are the WalMart of weddings while your aim is to be the Harrods or Neiman Marcus of weddings then you will be losing credibility.
I don't have a photo from myself on my website and I"m not a local celebrity so chances of people recognizing me as owner of my videocompany is almost not possible, so loosing credibility is not an issue, in fact if they would recognize me that would be a good thing, they would be happy getting a good cameraman on their wedding. :D
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 04:38 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I don't have a photo from myself on my website and I"m not a local celebrity so chances of people recognizing me as owner of my videocompany is almost not possible, so loosing credibility is not an issue, in fact if they would recognize me that would be a good thing, they would be happy getting a good cameraman on their wedding. :D
The problem as I see it is that if the client has any problems or is unhappy with the service provided by the video company then you as the local guy could get the blame. It doesn't matter how good your camera work was if the editing is crap or they they don't deliver the final product when promised.

I am retired from pro video now but in the past did shoot for other wedding video companies & even edited & produced the final discs but only ever did it many miles/km out of my area.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 04:42 AM   #18
Inner Circle

I would not get the blame but the "wedding group" company they have a contract with will as the client has signed a contract with them, if I would deliver crap camera work the wedding group might sue me but as far as the client is concerned it's the wedding group company who did a bad job, the client only knows me by face but they have no idea what my real company is, only the wedding company knows.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 12:20 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Doing freelance corporate shoots when your main business is weddings is very different to shooting for another wedding video business particularly locally.
True. However as the company quoted receives bookings from across the country, if the same implied here and I was booked for a Wedding near to me from someone say in Liverpool, I wouldn't see it as competing against myself. Even for local Videographers there can be some justification. A link to another company that you could turn to in the case of illness. I've hired a freelancer who has his own Wedding video business.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques