What's up with Facebook? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 7th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Major Player

What's up with Facebook?

I have a business page in FB and also a personal page, A while back I could share a video from vimeo to my personal page timeline, yes it shows on my timeline but not on the RS feed. It will show up for a while once shared, but good luck, you'll never find it again. Are any of you experiencing this?

iClickFilms.com
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: What's up with Facebook?

Let's create a new "facebook". Their bots are enough to drive you nuts. They jam you with "make a friend request" and then when you do, they slam you with "you are abusive." Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for. But you stuck the carrot of a good reason to bitch in front of my nose and I took a big bite...
Tim Paynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 08:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

One thing I understand about Facebook is, while they want you to advertise, they claim it has to be worthy, other wise your post will drop in rank. For example; if you post something without any text, it may drop with not many people seeing the post, but if you write content that isn't so 'spammy' such as buy now, on sale etc, then more people will see the post.

As for a video disappearing, Facebook does what benefits Facebook, I've run ads for the past three months without any clients from it. I think it's not the best forum to advertise. My 2cents.
Old March 8th, 2016, 08:43 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Paynter View Post
Their bots are enough to drive you nuts. They jam you with "make a friend request"
I've gotten two bot requests this year. Hardly a "jam".

Quote:
and then when you do, they slam you with "you are abusive."
Why are you accepting these fake people? Can't you show a little discretion in who you friend on Facebook?
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 03:08 PM   #5
Major Player

Yes - I experienced the same issue but never figured out how to get it to stay on the feed
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Trustee

This may be about positive versus negative interactions on the part of the other people who see the video.

If the few people Facebook does show your post to ignore it nothing happens, but if most ignore it and a few mute or whatever their options are, your post will vanish.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 02:17 PM   #7
Major Player

They have really changed up the video stuff. You use to share from the actual video page... now you can share and embed directly from your timeline by using the twirl down icon.

And to see the actual URL you now have to right click to find it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques