Picked up a Sony CX900 for weddings and events. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 24th, 2016, 05:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Picked up a Sony CX900 for weddings and events.

I've had my eye on this one for a while but was having a hard time paying the $1,300 for a new one.

So a buddy of mine was able to get an open box one in Nashville at Best Buy for like $760 in brand new condition basically. I visited my Best Buy and sure enough, they had an open box one locked up as well. I showed the guys the images he sent me of his Best Buy receipt and boxes, and they let me have it for $730!! I couldn't believe it. They had it marked as $947 on the box.

Combined with the $2,200 GH4 deal that I got for $830 last month, I'm doing pretty good here on newer cameras.

Having been shooting with my Nikon D750 and D7200 for the past year or so, I'm looking forward to adding the GH4 and CX900 to the mix. I'm already impressed with the shallow DOF on the CX900 just in running it around my house.

I'm in the process of really working on selling my NX5U and XA20.

The NX5 will be replaced by an NX100 and the CX900 is the XA20 replacement.
Old June 29th, 2016, 12:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Picked up a Sony CX900 for weddings and events.

Great deal
It's a wonderful camera.
I fall in love with it.
Very handy and good in low light.
Old June 29th, 2016, 04:42 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I've just ordered the AX100 which is pretty much the same except for 4K to use a b-cam and for when the wife needs to film a little :)
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 07:22 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rush View Post
I've just ordered the AX100 which is pretty much the same except for 4K to use a b-cam and for when the wife needs to film a little :)
You won't regret it Peter it's a brilliant little camera. The image quality is superb as is the stabilisation. You can use it manually or just switch to auto-everything for worry free use by a less skilled operator. Low light performance isn't bad but it's no DSLR but the joy of using a proper camcorder goes a long way to make up for that.

If we still did weddings I think that the AX100 & RX10M2 or RX10M3 would be my weapons of choice.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques