Chapter markers for USB delivery - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 9th, 2017, 01:59 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Chapter markers for USB delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
I really don't think it would be a sales killer if you didn't have a fancy menu
It's like eating a hamburger at mcdonalds out of a cardboard box or going to a fancy restaurant to eat from a porcelain plate, if presentation matters to you then Taky's solution seems like the only option you have and it's actually very unique and tailored to wedding videographers.

Taky; is that dongle already able to playback 4K files on a 4K tv? I think I saw you mentioning it would be possible.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 04:05 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Noa, right now it only support 1080p. It will take another year or so to get 4K. But they will all be just firmware update since the HDMI plug is the same. Another thing is, the HDMI dongle is a consumable items. Once you deliver your project to your client, it's done. Not necessarily down the road need to upgrade their wedding to 4K.

But I hvae tested TakyBox on 4K playback with computer. Plays fine!
Old January 9th, 2017, 04:11 AM   #33
Inner Circle

I also invented a 4x6 Flash Drive box. I have a factory in China custom make for me. Selling them at $15 each in my store. It accepts any standard 4x6 photos.

Flash Drive Box Holding 4x6 (4R) Photo Insert | L.A. Color Pros

So, unlike many studios that spend a lot money to make box with their company name engraved on the box (also always have a minimum order qty), the company name and logo doesn't create any emotiona connection to the wedding couple.

With this flash drive box, I design the front insert with the couple's photo. since it takes standard 4x6 photos, i don'te ven need to have a color printer. Just send to CVS and print in an hour. The box can be used as photo frame too :)
Attached Thumbnails
Chapter markers for USB delivery-usb-dongle.jpg  
Old January 9th, 2017, 07:17 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique Orozco Robles View Post
this is a nice option if you have access to internet:
https://mediazilla.com
.... I donīt like the pricing, but maybe others can afford it ....
This looks the same as Taky is offering, not sure how much a online presentation with a menu system would cost but this would be something I prefer not to have, for trailers I use licensed music which is used online but the highlights for the client will include live played music (like if there was a band playing I will use that music or when they have a special song for their first dance I will use that too), as long as these highlights are shared at the homes of their family and friends then there is no problem but it becomes one when it goes online because then you need to take out all live music that was played and replace that with licensed music.
Old January 9th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
This looks the same as Taky is offering, not sure how much a online presentation with a menu system would cost but this would be something I prefer not to have, for trailers I use licensed music which is used online but the highlights for the client will include live played music ....
TakyBox works online (with videos you need to upload to YouTube or Vimeo), or USB (where all the videos already reside in same USB drive). No internet is needed at all.

Regarding uploading online. I'm not advocating or telling others to use unlicensed music. But sometimes it's unavoidable if you record the event, there's the grand entrace, or first dance, very likely a pop music, it is actually better with youtube.

Google has agreement with 8 major music label in the US. They will match the content ID of you upload. Very likely if the song matched is like american top 40 type of songs, Google will detect it and (based on the agreement) tell you if you agree with certain restrictions. The restrctions could be, not be able to playback in mobile platform (youtube app, and m.youtube.com), or not available in certain country (like Germany), and always, Youtube will put ad next to your video and share the ad revenue with the music label to compensate. It says it clearly in your YouTube channel it shows icon of copyright claims. If you agree with these restriction terms, you do not have to do anything.

TakyBox uses the YouTube API to implement the playback. Those restrctions only applied to www.youtube.com and m.youtube.com. For playback with Takybox, no ad ever display. and it can playback on mobile phone too. You can try the link I posted above. it's a full length feature. It's a full length edit. videos streamed from YouTube and no ad will be displayed.

Many times, from experience, sound muted from youtube video is mostly from individual song writers.. In that case, I upload to vimeo then set the video to "hide from vimeo.com". Vimeo also use content ID matching but there is ways to work around that issue. :)

If it still doesn't work .. then can use dropbox. TakyBox also works with dropbox sharing video too. :D
Old January 9th, 2017, 08:35 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Quote:
I'm not advocating or telling others to use unlicensed music. But sometimes it's unavoidable if you record the event
That's just the tricky part when you place it online, you don't have any control over who they share their entire film with, using only licensed music takes the "feeling" out of the film, like if they do a flashmob and you have to replace that with another song it would not make any sense. Personally I would never allow them to share their entire film online if it contains music that was played at the moment, it's just not worth the risk of getting sued by a music rights organization. But it's nonetheless a interesting way to showcase your work.
Old January 9th, 2017, 09:27 AM   #37
Inner Circle

I always set video to "Unlisted" when it's a full doc edit upload to YouTube. For video set to "unlisted", the video is not searchable. It won't show up in your channel listing, related video, or show up in any search result. Only people with the link can see it.

I'd say this is even better than giving the client a USB drive that they can upload the video on their own without your knowledge. At least if the upload is done by you, you can delete it. Say like, if a client want to share a video with some friends.. he/she uploaded it with their own youtube account. They dont set to Unlisted. Now the video is public on the internet and you don't have the power to remove it.
Old January 9th, 2017, 09:41 AM   #38
Inner Circle

screen cap from youtube where it matched copyright content. and from the Learn More link
Attached Thumbnails
Chapter markers for USB delivery-p.jpg  
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:06 AM   #39
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
Only people with the link can see it.
And when they place that link on facebook everyone can see it :) I tell my clients why I can't use the music that was used at their wedding in their trailer that is shared online and what consequences that might have. When they take all HD files home I ofcourse don't have any control over what they do with it but it's very unlikely they will upload a 4gb file which contains their 20 minute highlight after my warning, especially not when they have a trailer to share with the world. If I place everything online makes it a different story, if the link I give them false into the wrong hands I can be screwed after all, all it takes is a jealous competitor.
Old March 6th, 2017, 04:25 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
And that's the issue with Taky and Enrique's solutions. They do not work with Smart TVs, they require computers to play them.
Taky's solution is actually a HDMI media player so will work on any TV with a HDMI port however you still need to plug in the AC adapter cable so not as convenient as optical disc nice enough
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 07:18 AM   #41
Inner Circle

The TakyBox HDMI player comes with a Micro USB cable that you can get power from the same TVs USB port. Thus no need to connect to AC.it also works using any power bank that charges phone. It is the same with Chromecast that powered by any usb port.

It is so convenient when setting up display at bridal show. Doesn't have to setup blueay player or laptop computer.

Old March 6th, 2017, 07:30 AM   #42
Inner Circle

It's nice and elegant Taky - well done on developing it :)
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 08:11 AM   #43
Inner Circle

thank you sir :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques