Reaching out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 28th, 2020, 07:55 PM   #1
Trustee

Reaching out

It's easy to feel isolated ATM but it moght be worth reaching out to others in the industry to see that they're okay. In the last couple of days I've talked to 3 mates who shoot for a living just to find out what they're doing, how they're feeling, what their plans are.

We might be isolated physically but let's connect in other ways.
Old March 29th, 2020, 06:56 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Reaching out

Good idea Paul :-)

Although we have no work and no income, we are waiting for the government to come up with some payments in June, although we have applied for unemployment support (Universal Credit) in the meantime.

We are taking the opportunity to get the garden sorted, jobs around the house and totally revamping the office/editing suite.

Inspite of only being allowed out of the house for essential food shopping, one exercise walk or urgent medical reasons, I have instigated a daily 45 minute workout to keep up my physical fitness, and am currently spending about an hour per day learning and improving on my old schoolboy French from over half a century ago. I am also looking at ways to add to our video and photography offerings when things eventually get back to normal.

Keep healthy everyone.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2020, 09:10 AM   #3
Vortex Media

Every shoot and every training gig I had between now and July has been cancelled or postponed indefinitely. But a nice thing about having stock footage operation is that I don't have to wait for clients to call or look for something to do. There is always something new to shoot or footage on the HDD waiting for processing. I can always be as busy as I want to be. I'm kind of looking forward to the break.
Old March 30th, 2020, 02:11 PM   #4
Trustee

Doug, glad to hear your ok. Like you I have been happily uploading clips to shutter stock. It is one of the few things that helps me keep my sanity. Unfortunately I had to cancel two trips to the gulf coast. These are interesting times we are living through. Be safe. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques