bridal prep video - dmb at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 23rd, 2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

bridal prep video - dmb

Bridal prep Video

It's kinda trippy
Enjoy

David Mathew Bonner
Old December 23rd, 2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Dave,
Again another great video. I liked the close-ups on the bridal party, really caught my eye. The effects must of taken forever to keyframe. Can we have some more of this wedding or did you go in a different style for the rest. I would love to see the guys prep. Another thing is it possible for you to post a ceremony as the couple would get it. I have enjoyed so many of your videos and was curious how the rest of the video looked or if it is the same style. I use a video style for the ceremony and only include the vows and ring exchange in the audio section. Just curious if anyone else took this approach.

Thanks again, great job

Jason
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers
Hi Dave,
. Can we have some more of this wedding or did you go in a different style for the rest. I would love to see the guys prep. Another thing is it possible for you to post a ceremony as the couple would get it.

Jason

I am still working on this one and got this part op for the Bride to see for the time being,
I'll see how the rest of it goes :)

David
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers
I use a video style for the ceremony and only include the vows and ring exchange in the audio section. Just curious if anyone else took this approach.

Thanks again, great job

Jason
I do that, music all the way up to "we are gathered here today to <insert names>" and then cut to "do you <insert name>" and end with the walking back down the aisle....
Q
Old December 26th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Yes David, its coming on really well. I have checked out all of your samples on your site and you have some great ideas, a good imagination as well.
I will look to your site in the future for some ideas to help spruce up my own work, keep up the good work and let us know if you have some more of it for viewing.
Paul
Ireland
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 01:50 PM   #6
Major Player

That's a nice edit David. Fun stuff.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #7
Major Player

Just curious, Dave--did you use your glidecam during that backing out shot starting at 1:44? I remember you using it for that clip of your son's party (I think that's what it was) and thought you might have broken it out again, since the shot was so smooth.
Also wondering what the bride thought of that high gain white-out close up...
thanks for sharing once again.
Vin
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:19 PM   #8
Major Player

Very nice. I like the way that you put it all together. I really liked the music.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Croce
Just curious, Dave--did you use your glidecam during that backing out shot starting at 1:44? I remember you using it for that clip of your son's party (I think that's what it was) and thought you might have broken it out again, since the shot was so smooth.
Also wondering what the bride thought of that high gain white-out close up...
thanks for sharing once again.
Vin
My backlog is..over a year, this video ( from 15 months ago ) was one of my last glidecam attempts I did before pulling it out again for my sons birthday.
The bride hasnt seen it yet, she couldnt get the clip to play and I had to put that project down for a few days to get something else out the door.
I don't think she'll mind the blown out look.
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:24 PM   #10
Regular Crew

DMB,
Just finished viewing every sample vid on your sight last night and today. WOW! What creativity and flash. You've given me lots of ideas and a level to aspire to. Thanks very much for sharing.
Randy
http://www.cr-home-videos.com
Randy Stewart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques