Studio? or no studio? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 20th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Hey Robert, I really like that idea to include the DVD player, I'll put that in there! and about the other prices, we've only been in the industry for a year now and if you look around at other Utah companies you'll see that the market is completely saturated and the prices are all generally low for the services. As for bookings we've only advertised through different bridal shows and we book about 2 a month but I hope that number will increase this summer as we're going to advertise a little more, but the pricing you have to offer to compete here in Utah is rediculous. What a lot of videographers are doing here is teaming up with photographers and offering an all-in-one package. Brides seem to like this as they can book it all in one spot. Also being a full-time student at the same time makes it a little difficult to put too much time into the marketing side of things, but if you have any advise please I'm completly open for ideas. Thanks for the ideas!

Eric Hansen
Eric Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I just wrote more to you in a post on another thread, but thought I'd make a comment here about the studio question. IMHO, I think you would get more out of putting time and resources into driving traffic to your website to get more folks viewing your samples (and perhaps tweaking the site some - not saying that it is bad at all - it's a good site, one of the best out there). Heck, you might wind up booking a few deals without even meeting the couples first!
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:05 AM   #18
Trustee

I got a sweet deal on an office suite. I got a part-time radio job (mornings on a country station) and they threw in a free office and conference room. At 9am I'm off the air and simply walk upstairs to my office.

I can't comment on how much difference it makes, since I haven't really started actively pursuing weddings. I will soon...
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Man, you can't complain with that!
Eric Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Admittedly, I'm in the same boat as you Eric in some regards. And while it would be preferable to open up that office space and go for it, financially it's not feasible for me at this juncture. So, mirroring the advice that Robert has already indicated - I'm focusing on the product more than the office space.

Yes, I realize this may turn away some business -- but until I can do this full-time, then I'm going to have to do it this way for awhile longer. Chris has the ideal situation that is simply unbeatable to pass up! Which has given me some ideas for down the road...

Good luck!
-Michael
Michael McGruder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques