First wedding video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #1
New Boot

First wedding video

Hi! This is my first time editing a wedding video, the qualitiy is a bit bad since it's a 1ccd. I have a 3ccd sony pd150 and I do mostly commerical works.

http://www.3888688.com/filmpro/video...g_sampler2.wmv

Tell me what you think of it.
Ricki Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Just personal opinion here..While I like your stinger at the beginning it doesn't really go with the wedding clip.. I would probably incorporate your studio name logo with a little less bang if your going to show this to potentional B&G's.. But I still liked the effect don't get me wrong.

It's just I was gearing up for something Big, Fast, Cutting Edge and then the slow music started..:)
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I thought it looked pretty good overall. I think one of the Dutch angle shots went a little further than I would go. If it were me, I'd have shortened that cut. I'm curious what single CCD camera you used. Was it a DVC7?
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #4
Major Player

I thought it looked good. As far as the editing I think it needs more variety of pacing. I know the song is slow, but some faster cuts would have been nice in places. It would help hold the viewers attention.

Editing is tough, and takes a lot of practice and experimentation. Doing a better job of pacing my edits, and adding in some highly edited shot sequences is something that I am working on improving.

Overall very nice. Good camera control, nice use of motion. I liked the movement from the limo to the sign at the beginning, although I did feel the move was a bit long.
Old March 6th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #5
Inner Circle

That slow 90 degree tilt made be dizzy. A little bit of that goes a long way.
Old March 6th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #6
New Boot

The camera was canon Zr50mc and a sony handycam. I know it's really bad to mix camera brand when editing one things.

Don't you guys thinks the beginning is "just like a movie"? I wonder what will the couples thinks when they saw this.

What do you mean dutch shot? can you tell me which frame it is?
Ricki Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #7
Major Player

dutch is a shot with the camera tipped so the horizon wouldn't be horizontal
Old March 6th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #8
Inner Circle

You've got a nice artistic touch and that's a great first video, but you might want to ease up on the use of Dutch angles (tilting the camera). Those shots can make for great effects, but done to excess can be a bit much. The cut at 1:47 is the first of two cuts, of basically the same shot, with the second cut taking the tilt far enough to almost strain the viewer's neck trying to follow it. I'd drop one of the cuts, and possibly trim the other.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:42 AM   #9
New Boot

You are right the second dutch shot was too much for the viewer, I didn't notice it at first.

Do you think most of my shot was too long and should be cut on action more? Someone told me about this but I still want to hear more advice first be4 I just reediting it.

I was reading someone post earlier saying they only use royality free music. What is it really and how different compare to other music? When I serach it online for wedding music only royality free music pop up.
Ricki Lau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques