Catholic Church Bulletin Marketing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 12th, 2006, 08:57 PM   #1
New Boot

Catholic Church Bulletin Marketing

Hello All,
I'm considering placing an advertisement in the church bulleting of at least one local Catholic parish church Sunday bulleting. It's purpose would be to promote the wedding videography side of my company.
I'm checking to see if anyone else has experience with placing such and ad, and if it seemed worthwhile. The cost is about $1000 for a one year advertisement of about 2"X 1" in size.
Thanks,
Rick
Rick Betancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #2
Major Player

unless you have money to burn, i would look elsewhere for your dollars spent...."word of mouth" is king! the church thing may work sweet though.....its just the last place that i would dump my money....but i bet there's companies this works for. from my experiences...when brides are looking for a videographer....they ask other brides who they are using or who they would recommend...but they are my experiences which is great for us.....since we hardly advertise at all. good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Betancourt
Hello All,
I'm considering placing an advertisement in the church bulleting of at least one local Catholic parish church Sunday bulleting. It's purpose would be to promote the wedding videography side of my company.
I'm checking to see if anyone else has experience with placing such and ad, and if it seemed worthwhile. The cost is about $1000 for a one year advertisement of about 2"X 1" in size.
Thanks,
Rick
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:30 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Betancourt
Hello All,
Thanks,
Rick
I wouldn't commit to a year unless first test marketing the ad to determine effectiveness. You need something in the ad that lets you know from where the lead came, such as a freebie coupon etc.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Major Player

I'd do the math... Unless it is a HUGE parish, consider:

Number of active members of the parish (that go to mass weekly)+ Number of NEW attendees = number of eyes that have the potential to see your ad.

How many of those are going to have a wedding in the coming year?

If you ask the church how many weddings they had last year, you will get an idea of potential people in the "market"

Divide that number into $1,000 to find the cost/prospect. Divide that number by the number of active videographers in the area to find cost/sale.

On the other hand, if you like your church, a $1,000 donation is a nice thing!
Mike Cavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 12:42 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Do you think that maybe an ad at the Church is too late? Once the B&G is visiting the Church and officiant etc they would be close to the wedding date and videographer already chosen.

Unless your target is regular parishinors...then I suppose it may be of some benefit although somewhat of a narrow target market. You could do much better with a broader target market.

Just my opinion
Monte Comeau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques