New website for your scrutiny - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 26th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #16
Major Player

Thank you for all of the comments

Hi,
Thank you all for the very constructive criticism...it really means a lot to me as I want to convey a very classy and professional image with my website. Keep them comming...

I hope to get some good criticism about my video samples as well (there will be more sortly).

As for Keith...I can not say enough good things about him...he is working his butt off for me and all for a very reasonable price!! Thank you again Keith!!!

Jeff
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #17
Major Player

Nice website, straight to the point. Very easy to navigate, well done!

Mark
Mark Bournes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #18
Trustee

i don't understand why the pages are all chopped off at the bottom, with no scroll bar on the side... that is totally dysfunctional, and it needs to be fixed asap, because you can't see all of the page.

i'm looking at the site with windows explorer 6.0.2800.1106.

also get rid of the "tahoe starr video productions" in the title bar, because we already know who you are, and it's only going to hurt your search engine rankings... the rest of the title bar is o.k., but you should tweak the wording to be specific to each page, *never* duplicate the title bar text from page to page.

i was finally able to get to the video samples page, but i don't understand the encoding... the video clip was done at 640x480, but the player window is set to display 320x240?? if that is the case, it's a waste of bandwidth.

since we can't easily view the actual html, it's difficult to see if you are using the correct version of the windows media player... the video clip itself is clean, and loads well, but i would not use a script font for any website or web video offering, because it's simply too difficult to read.

overall, i'm with the earlier recommendation to use css... the frames vs. css argument goes on forever, but i personally will never use frames for any of the new sites that i do... if you look at the gif on the home page, it just doesn't fit, because there is no border or anything to blend it into the page.

on the contact page... you don't need to display your email address for everyone to see, just put it up as a live link behind your name text, because it'll look a lot more professional that way... there are too many different fonts and font colors on that page.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I couldn't play your video samples on my mac or pc.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #20
Capt. Quirk

Mike- What browsers are you using?
Old April 27th, 2006, 01:45 AM   #21
Inner Circle

it is already a lot better.
i think if you want absolutely show the lake tahoe title somewhere you can make an home page with the picture you use already (just bigger ), or a special page
with just some picture of "best place of taohe".
This way you can get rid of the title in the other pages, so you got more space to display the information.
you should encode the video for the size of display in you page.
display 320x240 is ok but try to get higher quality (at 1 mbps you surely can).
If your designer need some code on how to display clean media player look at one of my web site. you can freely grab the code as needed.
http://www.imagidee.ch/image2/pagevideo/main.asp

this page has been designed to be evolutive (you can add video easily in the list) and focus on the video (no media player visible)
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #22
Major Player

I would suggest embedding your videos with javascript and a .js file to bypass the new IE patch that makes a user click the object first.

Just my 2 cents..
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #23
Air China Pilot

Indeed. That patch thing has turned out to be a nightmare.
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #24
Trustee

Jeff/Keith, I am also not seeing scroll bars in IE 6.0.29. I checked the source and saw that the <html></html> tags and <head></head> tags were missing in the source, as well as the <body> tag not being closed.

Once I added those, it rendered as intended in IE.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #25
Major Player

You can always check your page at http://validator.w3.org/
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques