GL-2 vs VX2100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 12th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
I ve done two weddings for family members with my VX2000 and shot most of those with the wide angle adapter on for a good portion of the shooting. I would plan to get one soon.
Given the incomplete list of items still needed and only $300 to spare I maintain the WA is not needed. Especially for a 1st gig. I'd also put decent audio over the need for a WA any day.

But that's just me.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:59 AM   #17
Inner Circle

If the budget is unrealistic, someone needs to say so. I agree with sound being a priority. I am just saying that knowing the camera, and the situations the videographer will be in, the WA adapter is a must too. The budget is what has to be modified.
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
The budget is what has to be modified.
Eh? I didn't know this was an option? Heck, if that's the case let's just do away with the VX and move the up to HD cams. Get three.

The "budget" (i.e. maximum) is why I suggested that he save some of the the money in order to grow the budget down the road. 3k is all he's got for now.

I have done dozen's of weddings without a WA lens and with good planning know it's not an "absolute" in this business. Especially for somebody just getting started. With "finite" resources it shouldn't be at the top of the list.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:22 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Just trying to be realistic within the realm of the budget. We all know that our arbitrary budgets rarely are adhered to.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques