DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Another "Credits Montage" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/70819-another-credits-montage.html)

Glen Elliott July 4th, 2006 10:18 AM

Another "Credits Montage"

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/JamesTrinidadCredits.mpg

Mike F Smith July 4th, 2006 10:34 AM

Nice work Glenn. I think you should bring up the watermark to glowing gold or something at the very end when it sits over black.

Mike

Enrique Galvis July 4th, 2006 10:48 AM

Hey Glenn, as usual you outdo yourself everytime.
Question is, knowing your video style of softer sophisticated tones, do you match the rest of the video with the credits style, or do you maintain the same style for everything.
In my case I keep the same motif throughout even if it means ad-libbing the ceremony in which case I have obtained permission from the B/G.

Peter Jefferson July 4th, 2006 06:05 PM

dead link bro

Michael Stewart July 5th, 2006 06:08 AM

Hi Glen, can you repost?

Mike

Dante Waters July 5th, 2006 08:32 PM

re...

yeah repost nothing at all here...

Glen Elliott July 5th, 2006 10:08 PM

My appologies- my bandwidth got dangerously close to the monthly limit so I had to pull it. I'll see if I can get it back up for a short period of time.

Sorry for the short run.

Vincent Croce July 10th, 2006 05:24 AM

I'd be glad to post it on my site's space, Glen...
Vin

Glen Elliott July 10th, 2006 12:58 PM

FYI- it's back up.

Jeff Hendricks July 10th, 2006 02:17 PM

Dude...awesome

Vincent Croce July 10th, 2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enrique Galvis
Hey Glenn, as usual you outdo yourself everytime.
Question is, knowing your video style of softer sophisticated tones, do you match the rest of the video with the credits style, or do you maintain the same style for everything.
In my case I keep the same motif throughout even if it means ad-libbing the ceremony in which case I have obtained permission from the B/G.

Hey Enrique-Clarify what you mean by ad-libbing the ceremony...Thanks.

Vincent Croce July 10th, 2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Elliott
FYI- it's back up.

Thanks for reposting--it was quite good, as usual. I dug it even though the music would normally be something I avoid. In the footage you shifted to the full color from, did you just bleed out the reds? If not, how did you get that effect?
Vin

Enrique Galvis July 10th, 2006 03:33 PM

Hey Vincent,
that was an outdoor Hindu wedding I did recently which during the ceremony there was a lot of percussion being played by a live band. Drums only. Now, what happened was that the couple asked me if I could sort of dramatize and liven up the whole video rather than use a soft style. What I came up with after some discussion and a few short samples was something similar to Glen's credits but is applied to the whole video so during the slow portions of the ceremony which they wanted complete, it was ad-libed with crowd shots where guest were stretching their necs to see what was going on, kids were playing oblivious to the proceedings, birds flying aroung, bees in the flowers in other words more cut aways than usual and scene switching in time with the background music and adding a few coloring soft effect here and there.
The reception was done in the same style wile adding some other softer elements of effects as those found in Sin City but without going completely to B/W with only one color being predominant but rather all colors have been softened and the brightness and contrast raised.
Since the groom is from NYC and the girl from NJ, I did their love story completely different by using the song "Jersey girl" with them fooling around in a playground.
The couple loved it.
As I said, the ad-libbing came in by switching from ceremony to irrelevant scenes and I was completely challenged on how to make the whole thing work without making it repetitive and boring or out of place.
Since it is a long ceremony and I did not do highlights when I slow down a bit I'll post a clip on my web site for show and tell as long as you remember I don't dare compete with Glen. He still has me beat in creativity by a couple of steps.

Dan Minor July 11th, 2006 11:12 AM

Regardless of what you think of the music (I like it) this is a very modern/catchy piece. Well done Glenn! Just when I think I have your style cornered in my mind you do something unexpected like this. Very cool and inspiring.

Vincent Croce July 11th, 2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Minor
Regardless of what you think of the music (I like it) this is a very modern/catchy piece. Well done Glenn! Just when I think I have your style cornered in my mind you do something unexpected like this. Very cool and inspiring.

It was actually a compliment to Glen that I enjoyed it in spite of the tune...I know it's 'modern/catchy', just not my taste in music. I'm more of a jazz/standards lover. Of course when creating a piece for someone, I know we have to use the music the b&g want, which, to me, is one of the more challenging aspects of this business.