Another "Credits Montage" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 4th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #1
Wrangler

Another "Credits Montage"

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/JamesTrinidadCredits.mpg
Old July 4th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Nice work Glenn. I think you should bring up the watermark to glowing gold or something at the very end when it sits over black.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Glenn, as usual you outdo yourself everytime.
Question is, knowing your video style of softer sophisticated tones, do you match the rest of the video with the credits style, or do you maintain the same style for everything.
In my case I keep the same motif throughout even if it means ad-libbing the ceremony in which case I have obtained permission from the B/G.
Enrique Galvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #4
Inner Circle

dead link bro
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 06:08 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Glen, can you repost?

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #6
Major Player

re...

yeah repost nothing at all here...
Dante Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #7
Wrangler

My appologies- my bandwidth got dangerously close to the monthly limit so I had to pull it. I'll see if I can get it back up for a short period of time.

Sorry for the short run.
Old July 10th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #8
Major Player

I'd be glad to post it on my site's space, Glen...
Vin
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #9
Wrangler

FYI- it's back up.
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #10
Major Player

Dude...awesome
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique Galvis
Hey Glenn, as usual you outdo yourself everytime.
Question is, knowing your video style of softer sophisticated tones, do you match the rest of the video with the credits style, or do you maintain the same style for everything.
In my case I keep the same motif throughout even if it means ad-libbing the ceremony in which case I have obtained permission from the B/G.
Hey Enrique-Clarify what you mean by ad-libbing the ceremony...Thanks.
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott
FYI- it's back up.
Thanks for reposting--it was quite good, as usual. I dug it even though the music would normally be something I avoid. In the footage you shifted to the full color from, did you just bleed out the reds? If not, how did you get that effect?
Vin
Old July 10th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Hey Vincent,
that was an outdoor Hindu wedding I did recently which during the ceremony there was a lot of percussion being played by a live band. Drums only. Now, what happened was that the couple asked me if I could sort of dramatize and liven up the whole video rather than use a soft style. What I came up with after some discussion and a few short samples was something similar to Glen's credits but is applied to the whole video so during the slow portions of the ceremony which they wanted complete, it was ad-libed with crowd shots where guest were stretching their necs to see what was going on, kids were playing oblivious to the proceedings, birds flying aroung, bees in the flowers in other words more cut aways than usual and scene switching in time with the background music and adding a few coloring soft effect here and there.
The reception was done in the same style wile adding some other softer elements of effects as those found in Sin City but without going completely to B/W with only one color being predominant but rather all colors have been softened and the brightness and contrast raised.
Since the groom is from NYC and the girl from NJ, I did their love story completely different by using the song "Jersey girl" with them fooling around in a playground.
The couple loved it.
As I said, the ad-libbing came in by switching from ceremony to irrelevant scenes and I was completely challenged on how to make the whole thing work without making it repetitive and boring or out of place.
Since it is a long ceremony and I did not do highlights when I slow down a bit I'll post a clip on my web site for show and tell as long as you remember I don't dare compete with Glen. He still has me beat in creativity by a couple of steps.
Enrique Galvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #14
Regular Crew

Regardless of what you think of the music (I like it) this is a very modern/catchy piece. Well done Glenn! Just when I think I have your style cornered in my mind you do something unexpected like this. Very cool and inspiring.
Dan Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Minor
Regardless of what you think of the music (I like it) this is a very modern/catchy piece. Well done Glenn! Just when I think I have your style cornered in my mind you do something unexpected like this. Very cool and inspiring.
It was actually a compliment to Glen that I enjoyed it in spite of the tune...I know it's 'modern/catchy', just not my taste in music. I'm more of a jazz/standards lover. Of course when creating a piece for someone, I know we have to use the music the b&g want, which, to me, is one of the more challenging aspects of this business.
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques