Ok, what did my friend tell this woman in spanish at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 27th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #1
Major Player

Ok, what did my friend tell this woman in spanish

I thought this would give you a little chuckle. So far all my clients have spoken pretty good english except for today. I get a call at 7:50am (which woke me up) from a lady intrested in video and photo's. She only spoke spanish and there wasn't anyway I could talk to her. So I go and wake up my roomate and ask him to translate for me. Being a good friend he does. Lady asks for pricing and I tell my friend prices start at $700 for photo $700 for video. So he tells her $700 for video and photo in spanish. We set up a meeting that nite and I went and met with them. The mom is shocked at my prices. I asked her what's wrong, she says the guy told me $700 for photo and video together. My jaw dropped. He screwed me over. In the end I worked it out to where they'll get package 2 videography. Here's the cool part, they haven't given the deposit yet. I hope a big one comes in quick. If not and they pay the deposit I'll use this one to try out new things. Well, interesting day. This was another Quinceanera.

Moral of the story; learn the language. Funny thing I've lived in a huge community of hispanics for 13yrs and still can't speak it. :(
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

How many of these Quinceanera's do you do in a given year? I watched the clip you posted earlier and it seems they treat this like a wedding. Is it some sort of "rite" of passage to turn 15?
John Brickner Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yep.

Almost every south american and central american country celebrates a girl's 15th birthday as if it was a wedding. It is supposed to signify the girl becoming a woman. Also, in Mexican culture they do this when a girl turns three as well.
Ernesto Llano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #4
Major Player

Hey John I do about 24 of these a year. They are very fun to record and teenagers aren't camera shy, so when it's time for a shout out you get some intresting comments. Sometimes I have to beep quite a few words. lol. Ernesto I have my first 3 yr old mexican birthday in September. I couldn't believe they do this for that age as well. If you offer spanish llessons give me a holar. I need to learn.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques