TLC wild wedding or something...? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

TLC wild wedding or something...?

I recieved a call today from a guy, can't remeber his name, but he started telling me that he was intrested in acquiring clips for the TLC show "Wild Weddings." He did not sound very professional. So I told him I would have to get back in touch with him, so then he sent me this e-mail (i gave him the e-mail address):

Dear Matt:

I am interested in acquiring clips for our second season of “Wild Weddings” to be
airing on TLC. The first season of “Wild Weddings” has aired on TLC and because of
the great success another season has been ordered with twice the amount of episodes.
At this time we are currently searching for as many clips as possible to make this
the best season of “Wild Weddings” so far.

We pay a usage fee for every clip and are looking for bloopers, theme weddings,
dramatic incidents, funny moments etc. from weddings, receptions and honeymoons. If
you have any footage of this nature please contact me as soon as possible by phone or
email. We accept DV tapes or DVD. You can also send footage via email in either
Quicktime or wmv. Keep files 2mb or smaller when sending via email.

Thank You.

Sincerely,
Robby Rotfeld

Production Assistant,
Steve Rotfeld Productions
740 Haverford Rd.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 520-0671
(610) 520-0681 fax
Robby@rotfeldproductions.com
http://www.wildweddings.net

So my question, is have some of ya'll recieved a similar type of message or call or both...and what do you think of this...I never saw the first season of this TV show so I have no clue about it.
Thanks
~Matt
Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I got calls and e-mails from the same group. They saw a sample and said they wanted me to send the clip in. I sent the clip on a Mini DV tape and the contracts about 2 weeks ago....haven't heard anything yet.
Sheldon Blais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:28 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks for the reply

I thought it was weird that they wanted e-mailed clips to in a size less than 2Mb, since most footage to be viewable on TV has to be higher quality and that means HUGE files...so yea i don't kow, any one else?
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:15 PM   #4
Major Player

I'm rather certain that others were asked about this for the first season. I remember reading something about this quite a while ago. I'd try a search for TLC, see if it brings anything up.
Mike Oveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:25 PM   #5
Still Motion

I was in contact with them several times a while back. I was really not happy with how things were handled on their part.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM   #6
Major Player

They licensed 2 clips from me a month or so ago, that are supposed to be shown in the upcoming season 2. The 2 mb file they are referring to is just for them to preview your clip. If they want any you send in the uncompressed footage...300 a clip.
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:07 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Yea been contact by them too. Emailed them tonight about a clip, see how soon they get back to me. I was quoted $500 for a minute of footage.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 06:56 AM   #8
Major Player

Signed release necessary?

For those of you who sent in clips, did you have to get a signed release from everyone who could be clearly identified in the video?
Tom Tomkowiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:35 AM   #9
Inner Circle

my brides would kill me if i even thought about that...
for me, and the intimiacy of what we do as a profession, its gong a lil too far...

hmm... interesting concept and im sure thers money in it...
hey lets create asite..
how does www.hotbridesmaids.com ring with u guys??

we collate cips of all the hot lil maids gettin drunk and sloshed and doing what ladies shouldnt do... publicly humiliate them and make afew bux on teh side.. ;)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:35 AM   #10
Major Player

Yeah, Tom, for one clip I needed the b&g and the main subject signing the release forms and for a ceremony clip only the b&g. So I guess not everyone who can be clearly id'ed need give permission...not sure on the legal details of it all, just going by what Rotfeld Productions said they needed.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:40 AM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
my brides would kill me if i even thought about that...
for me, and the intimiacy of what we do as a profession, its gong a lil too far...

hmm... interesting concept and im sure thers money in it...
hey lets create asite..
how does www.hotbridesmaids.com ring with u guys??

we collate cips of all the hot lil maids gettin drunk and sloshed and doing what ladies shouldnt do... publicly humiliate them and make afew bux on teh side.. ;)
Pete--Both the couples in the two clips I sold were excited just to get on TV--that's why they signed the releases. Of course, neither one of my clips are of sloshed bridesmaids tearing off their gowns...just a funny mistake in the vows and a guy smashing up his knee on the marble floor while trying to dance...nobody's getting embarassed who doesn't want to be.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:38 PM   #12
Trustee

Couple even sugested it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Croce
Pete--Both the couples in the two clips I sold were excited just to get on TV--that's why they signed the releases. Of course, neither one of my clips are of sloshed bridesmaids tearing off their gowns...just a funny mistake in the vows and a guy smashing up his knee on the marble floor while trying to dance...nobody's getting embarassed who doesn't want to be.
For a a nifty blooper clip I created the B&G even suggested that I submit it to the AFHV and stick it online. I am sure I would have no problem getting them to sign a release.

In case anyone is interested, I have that clip (groom dropping the bride on snow) and the plain "cake & Kiss" stuff on YouTube (temporary and free storage for my clients and their friends). Username is IdahoDigital, or just search for wedding bloopers and look for the couple standing on snow.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques