website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 30th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #1
New Boot

website

Where is a great place to host your website where you can put videos?
Adam Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I use IX Webhosting. Very reasonable and they give you a lot of space for files, such as video. Check it out.
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I have had good luck with 1&1 hosting. All of their hosting plans come with free private domain registration and ample space/bandwidth. Their business plans also come with decent free software including Photoshop Elements. I believe plans are on sale through next month.
- JON
Jon Elam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #4
Capt. Quirk

I've been using DotEasy.com for a few years now. On the up side, they started me out with free hosting and 20 MB of storage, and then bumped me up to 100MB- still free. On the downside, the mail servers go down frequently, logging in subjects you to pages of advertising trying to get you to pay for an upgrade, you have limits on usage, and even contacting support will make you go through those ads, look through their faqs, all before you can email them.

But it's free!
Old August 30th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #5
Trustee

I have had good luck with homestead.com. They are a little higher priced but you get a lot of extras with the $19.95 per month package including site use stats, unlimited web site pages, good e-mail, and great web page templates. Give them a look. I built my site with their free site builder program.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 02:01 PM   #6
Still Motion

1&1 starts at about 10 gigs of space at under $5 a month. I have been very happy with them and you can';t complain about the rates. With so many options now, I don't see how you could go with anybody offering less than 5gigs of dstorage as they are so cheap now and often sites offering 100MB of storage are quite abit more expensive, I have found at least.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #7
Trustee

Put another one down for 1&1. I'm on the least expensive plan. The space and bandwidth is simply unbeatable for the price, and I have no complaints with reliability or speed. Be aware, however, the some people have reported problems with 1&1 still attempting to bill them after cancelling service.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #8
Major Player

Does anyone have any experience with iWeb? I'm in the process of designing a site on it, but I still need to find a host. Does anyone here know if iweb will allow you to upload to a third party host?
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Godaddy.com - I have three websites with them. $3.99/mo for 5GB storage and 250GB bandwidth. No issues so far...
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #10
Capt. Quirk

Ervin, how long you been on GoDaddy?
Old August 31st, 2006, 06:14 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Keith,

I have had two domain names with Godaddy for about 3 years now, and moved the hosting of one site to them about a year ago. Then about half a year ago I bought two more names and hosting from them. So far I have not had any site down - or not that I noticed, all their systems seem to be stable. I asked them a few questions via e-mail and they replied within 24 hours. Technically the biggest difference I see compared to IXWebhosting is the upload speed and the speed/responsiveness of the hosting control panel.
Old August 31st, 2006, 02:14 PM   #12
New Boot

Thanks everybody for all the info Ervin I am looking at goDaddy but I am not seeing the play for $3.99/mo for 5GB storage and 250GB bandwidth.
Adam Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:58 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Check this link: https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosti...=&ci=5652#tabs and click on "compare plans".
Old August 31st, 2006, 07:13 PM   #14
Major Player

Do these places just accept HTML uploads or do you have to use their online templates and site builders?
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:13 PM   #15
Major Player

I use GoDaddy and you can use their buuiilder or your own. I built a very basic site with Microsoft Publisher and got it up an going pretty easily. Especially considering it was my first venture into a web site.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques