New Wedding/Event Training Material at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 7th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #1
Wrangler

New Wedding/Event Training Material

I was asked, several times, about the prospect of me producing training material. I was unsure about taking on this endeavor however due to the ongoing expressed interest in such a product I decided to go forth with it.

I just wanted to make the announcement I have officially released my first Wedding/Event related training volume available NOW at:

www.GmElliottVideo.com/training

GmElliott Videography Training Volume 1 will feature a wedding videography production in its entirety. A very first for me, as I've shown short excerpts but never an entire production in its entirety. It will also include all the original menus and buttons to view how I handle DVD authoring/design.

Educational content includes a full running commentary track that can be toggled on an off at any time in which I will give you insight into the production of this wedding event. I will discuss the various methods which I employ to create a more emotional edit. I also discuss concepts and methodology including shooting all the way through the post-production process.

Additionally there are two unique features I call Information HUDs. If you see a particular shot you liked and wondered what wide-angle lens was used and/or how the shot was acquired (handheld, monopod, glidecam, etc) you can simply toggle on the Information HUD (via your DVD remote's Subtitle button) that will display the Lens and support method used for any particular shot in the wedding.

Lastly there is a second Information HUD that displays the original questions asked to the client to evoke the answers which were subsequently used as voice-overs in the original video.
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Thanks Glen, this looks promising. Any thoughts of doing an FCP tutorial?
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #3
Wrangler

Not any time soon- FCP Studio is still very new to me. I'm starting my first Wedding edit on FCP next week.
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks! Will be ordering shortly ;-)
Beth Dill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #5
Major Player

Hey Glen thanks for taking the time develop this training material. I as well will be purchasing one. I witnessed a great shot you had in the video your gpva did for the weva competition and it just boggled my mind. Now I can see that shot in it's entirety. Thanks man

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #6
Wrangler

Hey Monday, thanks for the support. Please let me know how you liked the disc when you receive it!
Old September 7th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott
Not any time soon- FCP Studio is still very new to me. I'm starting my first Wedding edit on FCP next week.
Okay, let us know how that goes for you. I'm starting to be tempted by the latest Macs but would appreciate some insight on what it's like coming into FCP from PC-based editing programs. Sounds like there are some things I'd miss, but with the option to run Windows now I figure maybe I could make it all work. As my brother said recently, "maybe we should be buying all our Windows computers from Apple."

:-)
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #8
Major Player

I sure will.
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:04 AM   #9
Inner Circle

have u considered going to a publisher? Also have a chat with Douglas Spotted Eagle or John Rofrano from VASST who may also help considering your an avid (pardon the pun) Vegas user...

Good luck with the venture
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #10
Wrangler

I'm going to sell it exclusively for a while as I have other volumes in the works and might even do bundles. Thank you kindly for the good suggestions.
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #11
Major Player

Hi guys,
I was wondering how long it takes to recieve this dvd from Glen. I purchased it last wednesday and am anxiously awaiting confirmation of delivery. I love his work and hope to learn from it. I imagine he must be busy right now as well so I was just checking.

thanks
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers
Hi guys,
I was wondering how long it takes to recieve this dvd from Glen. I purchased it last wednesday and am anxiously awaiting confirmation of delivery. I love his work and hope to learn from it. I imagine he must be busy right now as well so I was just checking.

thanks
It took about 5 days for me. I live two states from him. The DVD is very good, and a very good investment I will say. Very insightful on story telling.
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #13
Wrangler

The first batch of orders went out that following weekend after the release. Now they usually go out the following day the order is recieved. It should take a few days tops for Continental US orders. It may be a bit longer for shipping to Canada.

Jason, let me know if you don't get it by this friday. Your order was shipped the day after I recieved your order. Thanks again for your support.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques