Please Critique - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 11th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W. Niece
I took a risk giving them a long video, but overall they were pleased and didn't comment about the lengths. I hope they aren't hiding feelings about it.
They were talking about how they felt about each other. I'll even go a step further and say with confidence that a lot of couples say things during their Love Story they most likely never told each other before. Where's the risk in capturing that?

I'm sure they were honest with you. Take their comments at face value.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #17
New Boot

Put together nicely, but way too long. I use this same idea within each wedding video that I do but it is drastically shorter and more to the point. Come up with the most important questions to ask or create a story that is interweaved from the things each of them have said seperately. Their stories will be very similar--and when they differ it can be funny. For instance, in one of my videos the bride is talking about the night that he proposed and she mentioned that it wasn't very cold--then I cut right to him saying "it was cold, I remember that."

Pay special attention to the words they use to keep the story going and in order. One thing I noticed in particular while skipping thru your video was a section where she starts by saying "only 2? there's so many...etc.." This clearly came from a question you asked and broke the flow of the video. Make sure they answer with complete answers.. not just yes, or no, or what have you. Tell them to answer with the question in mind, then edit it accordingly.

All in all, your work was done well and with exquisite care. Trim it up a bit and it'll be golden.
John Ekis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques