Workshops in the Houston area at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 14th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #1
Major Player

Workshops in the Houston area

Trisha and I will be presenting workshops in the Houston area on October 11 & 12.

On Wednesday, Oct. 11 we will be at the Houston PVA for their monthly meeting and then on Thursday, Oct. 12 we will be presenting workshops from 9:00-4:00.

The location and list of topics can be found here,
http://houstonpva.org/Von%20Lanken%20Workshop.pdf

We hope to see a whole herd, Texas lingo, of you guys on October 11 & 12. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Mooooooooo

Looking forward to it! Christie and I have been talking it up fer sure. If any HPVA members or other Houston-area videogs are reading this, you must must must come to this workshop. The Von Lankens have a marketing blurb for their 2-day Tulsa Experience that goes "Opportunity is Knocking"...well, if you live in or around Houston, Opportunity has just been Hand Delivered.

I think some people were surprised when I said if I had to choose, I'd take the Tulsa Exp. over Expo, but the sentiment was echoed by the 4 other members in the room who had been to both. And to think you're bringing a 1-day version of it into our backyard for what amounts to latte money...I'm startin' to hyperventilate :)
David McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Workshop in Houston

I'll be there...time move on to the next level of professional videography.
Old September 18th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McKnight
Mooooooooo

Looking forward to it! Christie and I have been talking it up fer sure. If any HPVA members or other Houston-area videogs are reading this, you must must must come to this workshop. The Von Lankens have a marketing blurb for their 2-day Tulsa Experience that goes "Opportunity is Knocking"...well, if you live in or around Houston, Opportunity has just been Hand Delivered.

I think some people were surprised when I said if I had to choose, I'd take the Tulsa Exp. over Expo, but the sentiment was echoed by the 4 other members in the room who had been to both. And to think you're bringing a 1-day version of it into our backyard for what amounts to latte money...I'm startin' to hyperventilate :)
Hi David,

Thanks for the endorsement and your kind words. Trisha and I look forward to seeing you and Christie in a few weeks.

We had a Wedding Day Edit over the weekend. Boy it was a full day. We put 300 miles on the van and despite audio problems with Edius, everything came out okay. We really wanted to use more VO and the vows, but due to the audio problems with Edius, it prevented that.

Anyway, if you want to see the clip, here it is.
http://tulsaweddingvideos.com/video/MJWDE.wmv
Old September 18th, 2006, 11:03 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rankin
I'll be there...time move on to the next level of professional videography.
Hi Bill,

We look forward to seeing you in Houston.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques